General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Superhawk love her like your wife.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:12 PM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
Superhawk love her like your wife.

If you love your wife & superhawk like I do how much is to much ?

I spend lots of money on both and if you think just of in cost of them both. I could have moved on to the next best thing and not paid near as much. The answer is I want them that's why. I have loosely spent or will spend $4500 in addition to all my other mods.

I have already spent money on new high compression piston's, stage one cams. headwork, Lighten and balanced flywheel, spare motor and so on. not including the new swingarm I will need have everything for that also either way I could go SP-2 or braced. Have decided to go SP-2 so will sell stuff to recoup my loses finically.

I am looking at a estimate of $2639.26. I have spent about $2500 on this motor already Plus the cost of installing it in the bike and dyno time.

With my heath I do not think I could get the motor in the bike even though I have a small shop with bike hoist and probably every thing you would need. But heat as the LP heater not working. but I am working on that soon.

So my question is how much do you love your hawk and what are you willing to spend on her?
Attached Thumbnails Superhawk love her like your wife.-mckune-estimate-001.jpg  
Old 01-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Thank god you elaborated on that $4500. I was about to ask what $4500 gets you in wife mods. That would be rude.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:51 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTR1000F
Thank god you elaborated on that $4500. I was about to ask what $4500 gets you in wife mods. That would be rude.
ROFL. Probably get you a bigger pair of high compression pistons but that's about it. Look at all he's getting for his money on the superhawk

If it makes you happy and you're responsible and the frig is full and the electric bill gets paid what's the big deal? I could think of countless less constructive and MUCH more expensive habits/hobbies you could be involved in. (I had a friend spend 50k on a fox body mustang, which in itself is still better than I've seen alot of people do with the money). And sure you could buy an RC51 for the money spent but then it won't be nearly as unique as yours and having something different is important to many people, myself included.

Motor work and fabrication work is kinda spent money. But if it makes you feel any better most aftermarket parts for this bike, being that most all of them are purchased used at this point, will hold their value if taken care of as most of this stuff is no longer being made. You can always take them off and sell them to someone else pretty much for what you paid for them.

Last edited by captainchaos; 01-26-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:31 PM
Squid

Dino1 is on a distinguished road
Owning an 8 second drag car I can feel your pain. I have not got many miles on my Hawk, but am happy as to date with what I have. I know it's not the fastest bike on the road, but it suits my needs. I have some severe neck and shoulder pain from an accident, and this bike does not keep me in the fetal riding position that would give me big problems. My other bike is a 1500cc Vulcan Drifter, imagine an Indian copy of the Super Chief. This thing is like riding a Lazy Boy recliner. It gives me more problems than the Hawk. I think the Bars are to wide and I reach out to hold on to them. I love to ride, have done it for over 35 years and not ready to give it up.

A hot rodded bike will never give you any type on monetary return, just miles of smiles...
Attached Thumbnails Superhawk love her like your wife.-100_1868-medium-.jpg   Superhawk love her like your wife.-100_3278-medium-.jpg  
Old 01-26-2015, 03:21 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dino1
A hot rodded bike will never give you any type on monetary return, just miles of smiles...
That about sums it up. While right now I don't have much money to spend (putting wife through RN school + support 2 teenage kids), I do what I can. The bang-for-the-buck mods really become where it's at in these times. I had very minimal costs involved in my swing arm brace and that mod payed HUGE dividends. If I had the money, would I?? Big question right there! When she starts making good money, I hope to get another steed.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:35 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
well, this being a road well travelled for me, I say go for it and enjoy the ride People will get used to seeing you walk around with a silly grin when you get off the bike..... Modding a VTR is something you do for pleasure and personal satisfaction (realistically, most modern big-bore sportbikes and nakeds can walk away from even a modded VTR with equal riders aboard.... but I prefer to have a unique VTR than just another face-in-the-crowd R1/ZX/GSX-R.....)
Old 01-26-2015, 08:20 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I just don't think that money and Love have anything to do with each other..

Haven't you heard? Money can't buy you love.