General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Superhawk to go track-only...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 11:29 PM
Superstock

Galaxieman is an unknown quantity at this point
Superhawk to go track-only...

So I did a trackday late last month at Inde Motorsports Ranch. Great facility, great group running the event (Ti2TT.com), great time tracking the Superhawk. Didn't have any dragging hard parts issues, as I tend to hang waaaay off the side:

Drug the toe sliders pretty consistently in the first left-hander on the track, and used that as a reference to raise the bike up off the track a little further with my knee and give it a bit more throttle. A couple of the other riders there were commenting on how technical the track was, and that some of the blind hills were really disconcerting. Not the case... and thus it made sense when I kept catching them on their 'should be faster' bikes. Consistently was able to run down a R1, 1098, GSXR1k and CBR1kRR. Full postage over at my blog.

All that made me think I should really try and get into the supertwins class for local racing. I had also been considering the purchase of a sport-tourer, so this weekend I bought up a holdover '09 Concours 14. I pick it up on Monday, so a ride report will follow, along with something better than the crappy cellphone picture I have now...

In preparation for racing, the list for the Superhawk now entails an uncut fairing stay (anybody got one?) and some race plastic... Thus an entire set of new mods begin. I'll be selling my dirtbike bar conversion setup soon, so if someone wants it, PM me.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Head Scratcher
Back Marker

poppazuti is on a distinguished road
would you be willing to trade the bars for a set of vortex clip ons? providing you still have the stock fork set up...
Old 11-07-2010, 12:40 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
I may have some race plastics for ya depending on how much work you want to do to them... I believe they are sharkskinz, have had damage and been repaired it looks like and painted maroon. I took them off b/c I am converting to a standard/naked setup with my shawk. Think I still have the fairing stay too...
Old 11-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Superstock

Galaxieman is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow. I love this forum. poppazuti, I'd take you up on the offer, but am running a gull-wing 954 setup. Might have to pop over to some 954/929 forums, unless someone on here has specifically been looking at this mod. 7moore7, Let me know about the fairing and stay. I'm not too far south to run up in the car one Saturday so we don't have to worry about the redonkulous shipping for something as big as a fairing. It'll be some time in December before I can get free on a weekend though, too many things going on for the next couple of weeks. Like I said, let me know.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Head Scratcher
Back Marker

poppazuti is on a distinguished road
Hey, no worries. I want to do the superbike bar conversion; after sitting on my Bandit I realized that this is what the Hawk needs. I figured a trade would be easier than trying to sell the Vortex clip ons. But since they will fit any 41mm fork, I'm sure I won't have any probs.

Good luck with the track bike.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Back Marker

Shawn Torpey is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by 7moore7
I may have some race plastics for ya depending on how much work you want to do to them... I believe they are sharkskinz, have had damage and been repaired it looks like and painted maroon. I took them off b/c I am converting to a standard/naked setup with my shawk. Think I still have the fairing stay too...
I might take you up on that if he don't want em. How much, and is it both front and tail, or what?
Old 11-07-2010, 01:37 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
I think someone else was asking about my plastics awhile ago so I'll have to go back and figure that out so I don't shaft anybody- I would really like to avoid shipping though, and noticed that gman was at a track in state so I brought it up. It's the front fairing and chain guard- no tailpiece- and they are in decent shape at best (will need work to look good, but ARE functional). Give me a couple of days to take pics and decide on pricing/shipping/proper selling procedure as work has me bogged down this weekend...
Old 11-08-2010, 05:23 AM
Back Marker

Shawn Torpey is on a distinguished road
Thanks!! Take your time, If you don't mind shipping to NJ and nobody else wants them from a previous offer, I am definetly interested in the front fairing and don't mind a lil filler work to clean them up if nessecary.