General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Superhawk down.. AGAIN (graphic pics within)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 03:58 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
I only use my outside three fingers for braking... I like my index to still be on the throttle... I've never seen any reason not to other than that it's hard to learn so MSF coaches would simplify it to the most teachable idea (similar to not even touching on trail braking)

I feel safer this way cause I control the throttle with index and thumb while my fingers are covering the brakes all the time.

Just my thoughts on what you said, WhOrD
Old 03-20-2013, 04:55 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 7moore7
I only use my outside three fingers for braking... I like my index to still be on the throttle... I've never seen any reason not to other than that it's hard to learn so MSF coaches would simplify it to the most teachable idea (similar to not even touching on trail braking)

I feel safer this way cause I control the throttle with index and thumb while my fingers are covering the brakes all the time.

I'm an MSF instructor, been one for the last 8 seasons.

Strangely enough, I do the same thing as you, just brake with the last three fingers and keep the index finger on the throttle.

Guess I'm not the only one.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Back Marker

WhOrD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 7moore7

As a super duper squiddy squid squid to the motorcycle world........I'm going to go by what my MSF instructor told me. He has such an epic personality and has been riding for over 40 years. I was using 2 fingers for braking during the course and he called me out on it so many times it's engraved into my memory. Howver, it is only natural that as we gain experience we will find techniques better suited to our riding style. To each their own! Just be safe!

I'm sure the DMV handbook would crap itself while I am out drifting at Sears Point raceway in the old Stang.

Last edited by WhOrD; 03-21-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:20 PM
El Cheapo
Back Marker

cat0020 is on a distinguished road
Brakes, who needs them, they only slow you down.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:44 PM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
Glad you are ok but I am not sure I am understanding the story. Were you trying to wheelie away or full drag start? I don't see how fingers slipping off the clutch = crashing, unless you are full on throttle while clutching and shifting.
Not criticizing, we all do crazy stuff but makes it simpler to understand. And if you are being crazy on the street unfortunately **** happens like this. Its bad enough contending with mindless drivers and texters in cars. Dont make it harder on yourself.
Good luck on the mend.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:31 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
I just got home & saw this

Glad ur OK man

Hope the ankle is good & gets better.

Living in Fla has got to be tough to ride w/ ATGATT, but it would have saved the rash.

I have leather riding pants & riding in them when its hot blows, but my skin is still on my body.

Heal up & stay safe.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Back Marker

19superchicken98 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cliby
Glad you are ok but I am not sure I am understanding the story. Were you trying to wheelie away or full drag start? I don't see how fingers slipping off the clutch = crashing, unless you are full on throttle while clutching and shifting.
Not criticizing, we all do crazy stuff but makes it simpler to understand. And if you are being crazy on the street unfortunately **** happens like this. Its bad enough contending with mindless drivers and texters in cars. Dont make it harder on yourself.
Good luck on the mend.
I usually take off from red lights like a bat out of hell lol and I shift super quick and usually don't let off the throttle much.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 19superchicken98
I usually take off from red lights like a bat out of hell lol and I shift super quick and usually don't let off the throttle much.
On a big twin that is a good way to end up on your *** if you're not completely focused. Though I guess you know that now...... Be safe
Old 03-22-2013, 02:17 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
I found out the expensive way that the local PD doesn't like it either
Old 03-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Superstock

zxbud is on a distinguished road
Pics

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Aw man that sux. Coulda warned me about the hamburger scenes tho. OUCH. Glad you are in one piece (mostly). Heal well, bet you really want a do-over on that one.

Post#4---THE LAST COUPLE PICTURES ARE KINDA GRAPHIC OF MY LEG IF YOU ARE GROSSED OUT BY BLOOD AND SUCH I DON'T ADVICE GOING PAST THE PICTURES OF MY HELMET---

He did warn you in post #4
It all looks pretty tame to me but then I've seen it all-----
Old 03-22-2013, 05:22 PM
El Cheapo
Back Marker

cat0020 is on a distinguished road
I've seen/been in bicycle crashes that resulted worse.