General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Super Hawk Security Tips

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 09:31 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Super Hawk Security Tips

just wanted to see if anybody here had some good ideas on how to keep my superhawk safe, besides a disc lock and a chain. i live in an apartment complex here in the ghettos of tucson and am a little leary about leaving my bike in the parking lot. it's my daily driver so locking it up in a storage unit until the weekend isn't really a feasable idea.
thanks for the tips
daniel
Old 05-13-2005, 10:00 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Re: Super Hawk Security Tips

I know you'll shrug this off but I say don't live in an apartment complex with a bike. I truly think it's worth finding a cheapl rent house (even a shitty one) with a garage instead.

I've had bikes for nearly 30 years and the only one I've ever had jacked with was in an apartment complex. Within a month of parking my then brand new honda hurricance 600 (cbr600f1) underneath the stairwell, there was an pathetic attempt at stealing it. I gave my notice and moved out.

Can't move? In my experience, it's better to park it in a well lit and, here's the important part, well seen spot using the locks you mentioned. Some guys even get bolts implanted into the cement to attach their chains making it much tougher to steal. Get a cover too.