General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Snow job!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 04:22 AM
Back Marker

saxman is on a distinguished road
Snow job!

Anyone else bummed today? This is my last day off for 6 days, and here's a picture of what I woke to. Wasn't expecting this much.
I'll have to break out the SP if I wanna ride today, glad I put new rubber on it last week....
Old 01-29-2007, 05:13 AM
Squid

willie
that's a sin...............
Old 01-29-2007, 06:18 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
I want more of the 50 degree weather we had for the early part of the winter... was 9 degrees here at 8am , up to 12 now.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:49 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn that poor hawk, don't you have a spare bedroom or something to it in! It's been brutal here for the last couple of days, low of 45 today and it's only going to reach 60! 3 more days of this until it reaches 80 again, I'm not sure I can take it. Seriously though I feel for you, I put up with that for 19 long years.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Back Marker

Dave Wicks is on a distinguished road
Snow Job...

Nasty business..
It's only going to be minus 29 here in a few days...One thing about being a Canadian..we have learned to accept..not like..accept winter..Gives us some nice clear project time...fix lot's of things...Kind of like being away from your wife or girlfriend....absence makes the heart grow fonder....Our riding season is compressed..but intense...but you know I don't like being away from my wife...I think I would like to ride all year round..Need a pastor where's warm year round???

Stay safe
Dave
Old 01-29-2007, 09:36 AM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Man, I wish it would SNOW!!
Old 01-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Back Marker

Actually, I do have a 40x60 heated garage to put her in. BUT...I didn't know this was coming. The told us a dusting if any accumulation. I was planning on riding her once more today before I put her into the garage and start tearing her down to repaint and add a few things to her. I hear ya about the wanting the 50* back. We've been spoiled to this point. It was 9 this morning when I got up @7. Now up to 21. Still getting that icy snow though. :sad:
Old 01-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Squid

bkdu is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dave Wicks
Nasty business..
Need a pastor where's warm year round???
Just move to Queensland, Australia ... stinking hot in summer and reasonably warm in winter. In summer it's actually nice to ride in the rain every now and then ... cools you down a bit
Grew up in Germany though, so I still remember what it's like throughout winter, with the snow, ice and the damn salt we used to have on the roads.
Well, get to ride all year round now ... except when those summer storms hit :-D

Ride safe and keep smiling
bkdu
Old 01-29-2007, 06:24 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by bkdu
Just move to Queensland, Australia ... stinking hot in summer and reasonably warm in winter. In summer it's actually nice to ride in the rain every now and then ... cools you down a bit
Grew up in Germany though, so I still remember what it's like throughout winter, with the snow, ice and the damn salt we used to have on the roads.
Well, get to ride all year round now ... except when those summer storms hit :-D

Ride safe and keep smiling
bkdu
Hmmm, Queensland sounds surprisingly like south Florida, well I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, it's about the same distance from the equator isn't it.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
Rode to work today. Not too bad, about 26 when I left and almost 30 on the way home. Chance of snow tomorrow, though, so I'll be on four wheels. I don't mind riding sub-30 but 40 sould sure be nice. Is it spring yet?
Old 01-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Back Marker

I hear ya. I ride almost regarless.....rain, snow. As long as I can get out of my road, I'm on it. Only thing is ice...don't do that. I have ridden at -2 before, and wasn't feeling uncomfortable. Just gotta dress for it, and heated grips and Widder vest/ chaps help! I did drive a cage 4 days last year...even had to ride my quad one day to get out to main road (3miles) 'cause my truck wouldn't make it. The county even got two trucks stuck and one road grader trying to get our road cleared. Met a buddy of mine at the main road, loaded the quad in his truck, then we went on to work....they never close....
Old 01-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Squid

Auron
That really is a sin. Like kicking a dog. Get her inside! I'm serious
Old 01-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Back Marker

Rest easy guys, she's been sitting inside a 60* garage since last night....all dried out and ready to work on. Gotta fly to work now, gonna take the ol' SP....it's nothin' to be proud of, just a beater, like an '82 Chevette.....takes one heck of a beating, but keeps going.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Back Marker

Arctic Fire is on a distinguished road
It's -62* Celcius with the windchill up here at the diamond mine (-44 without wind). But hey, I have the entire summer off to enjoy...
Old 02-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Jeezus, how do you get a CAR to start in that kind of weather?
Old 02-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Back Marker

AC COBRA
ah that pic is bad

but ****, -44
Old 02-04-2007, 02:41 AM
Squid

bkdu is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superhawk22
Hmmm, Queensland sounds surprisingly like south Florida, well I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, it's about the same distance from the equator isn't it.
I think you're right there superhawk22. Best riding-climate on the planet
Took me a while to reply I guess ... been out riding in 30+ (Celsius) heat ... guess that qualifies as an excuse?!

So I take it you're in south Florida? What's it like over there ... I mean apart from the weather? Do you get a lot of di&^%heads in tin cans, or are they bike-friendly over there?
Also, I heard lane-splitting is not just accepted but legal there???

Cheers & keep the shiny side up
bkdu
Old 02-04-2007, 08:50 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superhawk22

Yep, I am 36 and have never seen snow. Not too cold here.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:57 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, Super Hawk actually looks pretty good in white! Ha!
Old 02-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Yup, sure does.....
Old 02-05-2007, 08:49 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Arctic Fire
It's -62* Celcius with the windchill up here at the diamond mine (-44 without wind). But hey, I have the entire summer off to enjoy...
I was watching a doc on Mt. Everest and it was -40f near the peak IN THE SUMMER! They said bare skin has only a :30sec window before frostbite. One of the climbers proved it and lost several fingers trying to pull a flag out of his parka for a picture but couldn't do it with gloves on. The camera crew was screaming at him to stop but he was looney-tunes from O2 deprivation.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:14 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by bkdu
I think you're right there superhawk22. Best riding-climate on the planet
Took me a while to reply I guess ... been out riding in 30+ (Celsius) heat ... guess that qualifies as an excuse?!

So I take it you're in south Florida? What's it like over there ... I mean apart from the weather? Do you get a lot of di&^%heads in tin cans, or are they bike-friendly over there?
Also, I heard lane-splitting is not just accepted but legal there???

Cheers & keep the shiny side up
bkdu
1. YES!
2. NO!!
3.Only in certain states, I know California is and might be the only one but there my be one other. In Fla. they'll get you for illeagal use of lanes and possibly reckless driving.:sad:

As far as drivers go, it's insane down here, more so in the crowded places like Miami and Orlando but it's not much better here in Palm Beach. We have a high % of elderly, the uninsured, the tourists, the drunks and the severely distracted drivers a fun combo believe me.:-x
Old 02-06-2007, 04:27 AM
Back Marker

Hawkrider...sweet pic!

superbling......I hear ya. Rode home the other morning from work, calculated windchill on a site, and it was rated at -31F running 65mph down the interstate. Never really got cold tho.....I wear a TON of gear in this weather...look like Herman Munster.

superhawk22.....I was thinking about coming down to Sarasota this year to meet a buddy of mine that has a big club down there.......now you're making me think twice....lol.

And to you Aussies...... All I can ask is save me a seat at the pub when I make it over someday!
Old 02-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Yup, sure does.....
is that factory white? I've always liked the white the the VFR came in.
and how about that fork brace? is it worth it? I'm thinking of just fixing up the stock fork and not bothering with a swap.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:27 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Hawkrider
Yup, sure does.....
Actually, that's scary... looks like a cop bike. I'm looking for where you mounted the flashing red & blue lights.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:51 PM
SuperSport

shayne is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by saxman
And to you Aussies...... All I can ask is save me a seat at the pub when I make it over someday!
No worries mate! It might be hot here, but the beer is always cold.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Nope, not a stock color at all. It's a '98, originally red. No cop lights here either. I'm trying to stick to a white/black theme with the exception of the rainbow ti exhaust. I don't have any good pics of that yet. It's still real friggin cold and shitty outside and I'm not 100% done with the bike for the winter.