General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Sad story female rider. Red light rear end 60-70 mph

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
Sad story female rider. Red light rear end 60-70 mph

Just couple hours ago.. There was 15-20 ( I didn't count) of us riding around the city and we were waved down by another group which we was going to join with anyway.. At the corner of that 3 way there lay a 600rr CBR on its side rim is in pieces. So then we turn in to find out what happen.. apparently this lady in her 30 was going home after a good ride, she stopped at the red light and I guess there were two muscle car ******* decided they are going to race. By the time they saw her its was too late, judging by the skit mark the guy didn't even hit the brake until he rear ended her. Car was traveling at 60 to 70 mph. The bike was20 yard away from where it was sitting.. The lady got thrown off the bike I guess she hang on for dear life. She was on her way to the hospital when we got there. They told us that the impact fraser her skull.. Everyone help to load her bike up on the truck. It really ruin everyone ride when we saw that.. I guess to me i wouldn't get back on a bike from a hit like that.. She wasn't wearing a helmet. Later on got word that she will pull through so it's a happy ending.. How ever shockingly the bike fired right up like nothing have happen to it.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:19 AM
Destructive Tester
Superstock

bjorn toulouse is on a distinguished road
A guy on a Harley dresser hit a squirrel in front of my house yesterday.
He wasn't wearing a helmet either.

Rex
Old 05-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Going Mach Chicken
Squid

RequestTheOverhead is on a distinguished road
I hope the two muscle car drivers go to jail for a VERY long time. I hate stupidity.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:24 AM
Superstock

One took off and one got arrested.. He can be facing with a big law suit from what i heard. Oh they got him in the van pretty quick.. There was alot of angry bikers around and the only thing between them and him is the police...
Old 05-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
Thats how i got rid of my previous bike. Rearended at a red light. Bout 30mph but enough to total it. Full gear saved my ***. Driver took off and never did surface.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:13 AM
jet wrench
Back Marker

loserbaby is on a distinguished road
That scares me. I park on the line at lights. and watch mirrors until I know they're stopped.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:15 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
well, she is very lucky to be alive and had she been wearing a helmet it sounds like her injuries would have been a whole lot less severe. As for the stupid cagers racing they should get hammered with a big lawsuit.

Speaking of muscle cars I was on a organized ride last Saturday with alot of the vintage dudes. We were stopped at a corner just talking and waiting for others in our group to catch up after a long stretch of twisties when one of our riders in our group just flies by us full throttle on his rd400, a second later we hear screeching tires and see this muscle car jamming on his brakes. Well apparently he was chasing our friend, he stopped and turned around...we were a group of over a huindred riders and maybe 30 of us were sitting there glaring at him.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:35 AM
Superstock

kmm996
There was a couple hit by a guy who turned infront of them near me last weekend. It was in front of a bar. A group of people heard the impact and came out to see what happened. The driver left the scene. A bar patron jumped into his car and chased the driver down and proceded to beat the hell out of the driver. He even told police dispatch he was beating the guy when he called it in. The rider later died. And no word about the patron who beat the hell out of the driver as far as charges filed against him. But a year ago the had a police officer killed by a hit and run. He was riding with his brother and the driver rear ended him stopped. Backed up to leave the scene and ran over the officer a second time killing him.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:28 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I can relate, since I was red light rear ended 9 weeks ago...details are in my "Rant" thread. I just got my bike back last week, it was totaled as well. But I left some rashed parts on and paid some out of pocket to get my bike back. I was in helmet, leather jacket with armor, boots and levis. Surprisingly, my gear was undamaged, not a scratch. Back and neck injury.

Unfortunately, she will probably have a long recovery. Getting hit by someone going that fast, she's lucky to be alive. Riding without a helmet is just plain stupid. I don't believe in helmet laws, I just think it's kind of a Darwin thing.

The cagers should go to jail.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 05-22-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: add to post
Old 05-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Superstock

Got word today that she got 74 stitches on her head.. I was like WOW!!! Driver is getting suit.. He got one dent on his hood.. Classic car
Old 05-23-2010, 07:06 AM
Squid

slapi01 is on a distinguished road
as for being one of the muscle car meatheads myself... (blown trans am).. i have to say that it's just the certain people that have no respect in riders safety or anyone else for that matter. Before i started riding if i saw a scoot, i would give them plenty of room and not just for error but so they don't feel taunted. those guys should be behind bars and have there license pulled.. as for the girl glad to hear she will pull through, but there is a reason to gear up...
Old 05-23-2010, 08:42 AM
Squid

redmanmbz is on a distinguished road
With all these stories (and more), I wear all my gear all the time. Sometimes tough to due in hot weather.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:49 AM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
flashing brake lights repeatedly is a good idea.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:17 PM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by loserbaby
That scares me. I park on the line at lights. and watch mirrors until I know they're stopped.
+1 I do the same, can never be careful and have plenty of time since you're already waiting there.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Squid

Anwar is on a distinguished road
drag racers killed a friend of mine as well, from crashing into the back of his car. I don't understand why the rush of dragging has to involve the risk of dying.

And another friend of mine died when racing a sports bike, when he went to take a corner and his ABS locked up spinning into a telephone pole