General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

S100 Motorcycle Cleaner Products

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:23 AM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
S100 Motorcycle Cleaner Products

We had some nice weather for WNY this Sunday/Monday and I was able to put some miles on the bike... 33 miles on Sunday, and 114 miles on Monday....

Either way... When I headed out Sunday, the roads where dry around my house, but when i got where i was headed, the roads where kinda wet, which meant i was taking on all that salt spray from the roads even worse than what i pick up when its dry... I got home and started searching for cleaning products that may help clean out that salt from places i cain't just wipe clean... I came across tons of stuff about S100, and after stopping into my Honda dealer on monday, was told thats about the best stuff out there...

Harley stores sell it... Not to exspensive, and I gotta say after spending the last 3 hours cleaning the bike, its pretty good stuff...

Its a spray on, spray off kinda cleaner, so I was able to get the cleaner in those little places that the salty water was able to get to, but couldn't get my hand to... You rub it in on places you can reach, then spray off.. or skip the rubbing in part for the unreachable places... I was probably being a little more **** than normal because the bike was new, and I'm moving to Ky in a month or two... So I would hate to be seeing the salt effects on my bike in a area that doesn't have salted roads in the winter...

I also picked up there Corrosion Prevention spray stuff... It say's to spray on, and wipe in.. or for winter's, to spray on, and let dry... I guess its like a wax shell your forming on the bikes motor, so that in theory, the salt will be on top of the wax, not the unpainted metals....

either way... I was very happy with the spray on, spray off cleaning... As i sprayed it, i could see everything dripping off the bike already.. Very good stuff....

Unfortunately, you either order it online, or go to the Harley Store... I will order more online now, as i'm sure its cheaper that way...
Old 03-05-2008, 10:37 AM
RIP Zy! You will always be in our hearts.
SuperSport

Blue Ridge Boy is on a distinguished road
I have been using this product (S100) for a few years.
I've got a big *** jug of this stuff...lasts awhile too.
Now you do have to be careful...if you leave it on too long it can cause problems. So make sure you don't wait too long to wash the bike down.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Try XL-1 Bike Wash it's made by Spectro. Works better than S100 and is more forgiving and won't etch the aluminum if you don't get to rinse it off in time before it dries on the bike.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:48 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
I did read not to let it sit very long and dry... But my garage was probably 40 degree's, closed door, and had the electric preasure washer set to about 800psi... So wasn't to much of a danger there... But in the summer time, drying time could come into play...

I will check that other stuff out.. But I gotta say i'm impressed with the S100.... Now I'm not sure how well the corrosion prevention stuff works, but Its nice to no i've got something on it to atleast try to help prevent the salt from killing the bike....
Old 03-05-2008, 05:19 PM
Squid

shawkpilot is on a distinguished road
I have used S100 engine brightner on faded black plastic, like turn signal housings, OMG!!!!!!!!! That **** is SWEET!!!!!!!!! came out looking new.