General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Rollastand to lube the chain

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 04:26 PM
Squid

nophr is on a distinguished road
Rollastand to lube the chain

If you don’t have a centerstand or a device to lube the chain, I recommend the Rollastand wheel cleaning stand. (See pics at http://www.newenoughhp.com/rollastan...d_pictures.htm)

Recently I purchased a Rollastand wheel cleaning stand from gearupforless via ebay. Auctions start at $6.99 + shipping.

Not perfect, but at the right price a useful tool.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:54 PM
Back Marker

SillyHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
so they work pretty well...just put the rear wheel on it and spin to clean/wax the chain? I am buying on this week as well as a a pair of pirellis
Old 07-13-2006, 07:21 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
The only issue I have with it is size. I want something like this for lubing on road trips but it's too large to pack (IMO). If you plan on using it mainly in the garage, a rear wheel stand is a MUCH better investment as it's more versatile for working on the bike.

I've also considered those triangular rear wheel stands that prop dirt-bike-style into the rear axle on the right side while you keep the sidestand down also. But I can't figure out how you would get it off when by yourself. I've lost the link to the one I saw for the VTR.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Squid

nophr is on a distinguished road
I agree with superbling about a rear wheel stand being more versatile & I would not travel with the Rollastand. The Rollastand is limited to cleaning & chain lube duties, but I think it works well at these jobs.

I put the rear wheel on it, use a small piece of wood under the sidestand to straighten the bike, and hand-spin the wheel to clean/wax/lube.

If you are never going to do repairs to the rear end, you may never utilize the rear stand to its full potential.

I’d recommend low bidding the ebay vendor a few times until you get the Rollastand for a steal, if you are still interested.