General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Removing Fairings, but keeping light, or upper?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:41 AM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
Removing Fairings, but keeping light, or upper?

Hey guys....

Went out to the garage last night and removed the left clip on, wanted to see if the electrical portion was still usable.... The blinker switch works, but the horn doesn't... The button seems to push, but no sound...

ANYWAY.... I will be taking the plastics off this week at some point, but wanted to know... It looks like the two side fairings kinda make up part of the upper fairing... Is there a way to take the side fairings off, but keep the upper fairing w/ headlight on? Or if i gotta take them all off, does that remove my headlight too?

I was thinking that once i get feeling better, i would remove plastics and get the mechanical **** fixed, and just rock the bike with no fairings for a few weeks untill i get plastics painted up, and ready to be put back on....

as for the electrical portion, horn isn't working, but blinkers do... The little light above the headlight isn't comming on, and the tac/speedo has no repsonce.... the digital portion of the gauges is not working, however the time is still showing... the blinker flasher's below the gauges work too.... So i'll have to do some digging into that...
Old 04-13-2008, 10:20 AM
pragmatic anarchist
Superstock

peterpanic is on a distinguished road
hi, the fairing comes off in one piece but is made up of several pieces screwed together. i rode mine a few times with the headlight alone zip tied into the fairing bracket. no easy place to put blinkers tho. i also took my switch apart to fix the horn button, something was bent making it stick. you might have broken or loose wires. for the running light and instruments check a fuse. i blew one when i was putting things together with the key on like an ***. don't do that!
Old 04-13-2008, 10:26 AM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

Thanks man... I was kinda hoping i could just remove the side portions and keep the center section on... but no such luck i guess... oh well... not a huge issue..

yea, i'm gonna take the whole set of plastics off anyway to take a better look at potential wiring issues.. but i'll remember to take the key out.. lol
Old 04-13-2008, 10:41 AM
MotoGP

ghopki1 is on a distinguished road
Geez Joshuatest,

I did not know you went down.

That sucks big time. I just read up on your incident. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

Glad your lower is OK......
Old 04-13-2008, 10:46 AM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

Originally Posted by ghopki1
Geez Joshuatest,

I did not know you went down.

That sucks big time. I just read up on your incident. Sounds like it could have been a lot worse.

Glad your lower is OK......
thanks man... yea, it wasn't fun... But I think my SharkSkinz lower made it through with no damage other than some possible scratching...