General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

remove evap

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Squid

Scott is on a distinguished road
remove evap

Hey guys, I'm still in hell after someone spiked my tank with some kind of corrosive that ruined the tank and carbs. I removed the pair system, and now want to remove all the evap. I already got rid of the ugly charcoal can to make room for an almost as ugly but highly effective airhorn. I had an Erion exhaust, with k-n filter and jets and it ran great so I'm tring to get back to that so I can run the little turd down. I want all the evap off the carb so I don't have to deal with it as I'm re-jetting. Do I just plug every evap tube on the carbs or do I have to leave some vented to atmosphere? I also have the strangest prob in that on the bench with a aux fuel container, I get fuel to both. When I put the bank on the bike I get no fuel to the rear. I pull the hoses and get good flow from both sides. I've done this five time so that's why I want all this extra tubing gone. I have no emission test here. Every time I go through this I just think that hey "The bike ran great, just put on rubber and drive train... and I got 3 miles out of it". Any help with the evap or fuel would be cool.
I did check the floats and needles on the 03 carbs I bought.
Thanx, Scott