General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

redline stand

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Superstock

woodman
redline stand

Fed Ex just showed up with my new rear stand for the SH. I had to buy a new one since the SH has no spools.
This stand was recommended by alot of the guys on R1forums.com so I thought I would try it. I must say I am very impressed, it has large diameter tubing and is very sturdy. Much more strdy that the last stand I had.
Anothher good point is the price, $79.00 to my door. I'm not affiliated with this company, I just want everyone to know about a great product at a great price.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:16 PM
Back Marker

W-O-T
basic and simple... thanks... think I will make one....
Old 09-08-2005, 02:23 PM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
I just ordered one made by lockhart philips. It was arount 75$ shipped to my house with a nice discount.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Back Marker

Besucher98
Re: redline stand

Are you guys ordering these on-line or through you local bike shop? If on-line....why don't you share the link?
Old 09-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Superstock

woodman

O.K.... I ordered the roller stand.

http://www.redlinestands.com/
Old 09-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Squid

dive2277
Just ordered one Thanks!
Old 09-14-2005, 05:28 PM
SuperSport

CNI Dawg is an unknown quantity at this point

$59 is the best price i've seen !!

Thanks

Bill (newbie)
Old 09-14-2005, 06:42 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CNI Dawg";p=&quot
)
Umm, how 'bout free?

OK, don't laff. You in the back, I can still hear you! OK, laugh all you want. It does look funny but it also works like a champ. Discarded cart from Home depot; found it out back, the victim of parking lot wars.

I've been using it for about 8 years now so I think it's going to hold up.
I don't take credit for it. A link to a brit website was posted on the original superhawk mail list back then.

The redline looks like a good value and I would get one if I didn't have this. I probably still will when the funds are more plentiful.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Superstock

woodman

Originally Posted by superbling";p=&quot
Originally Posted by CNI Dawg";p=&quot
)
Umm, how 'bout free?

OK, don't laff. You in the back, I can still hear you! OK, laugh all you want. It does look funny but it also works like a champ. Discarded cart from Home depot; found it out back, the victim of parking lot wars.

I've been using it for about 8 years now so I think it's going to hold up.
I don't take credit for it. A link to a brit website was posted on the original superhawk mail list back then.

Thats a great idea. Did you have to do any welding or just cutting? I like to see homemade stuff that works and saves money.

The redline looks like a good value and I would get one if I didn't have this. I probably still will when the funds are more plentiful.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:48 PM
Squid

AbeFM
Ok, that's awesome. I want one, now. Cause when I was doing my chain I just jacked the bike up by the lower shock mount, and it's a bitch to clear the pipe and the tire and still get in there. :-)
________
ECKANKAR ADVICE

Last edited by AbeFM; 03-17-2011 at 11:54 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:29 AM
Back Marker

Besucher98

Bling,

Did you weld the tabs (swingarm support) on or did you hack something off that was already there?

And hey, I'm not laughing....if it work, it works!!!! But I woulf get a can of paint (rustolium or so) and color that thing to get rid of the old rusty look!
Old 09-15-2005, 01:33 PM
MotoGP

I just cut off the upper basket of the cart at the four tube locations. These particular carts are more robust than typical grocery store type designs. Cutting through these tubes took A LONG time, the metal is very hard.
The middle brace, the part that actually contacts the swingarm and holds the bike up, is solid steel. I actually broke my dad's cheap chinese bolt cutters trying to cut through this bar since the hacksaw was slow going.

I did not weld anything to it although at the time I strongly considered adding a triangulation type brace to the bar down to the wheel frame. But like I said, it's held up for 8 years like this so I haven't been in any rush to "git r dun"

I wrapped several layers of plain ol' electrical tape around the bar to provide some friction which has worked well but a more "elegant" solution is black rubber hose. The rust at the cut points on the tubes could be covered with some plastic caps now that I think about it some more. This cart was left to die a slow death and I probably should have found another one in better condition. I also didn't see the front left wheel was bent in the accident.

As one might surmise with four large wheels, it's easy to roll the bike around in the garage.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Squid

dive2277

Dude!!! You are a genius!!! I hate when people are smarter and more resourceful than me. The best inventions are discovered out of the necessity of poverty, just look at barbeque, fajitas and Cajun food. The slaves were given the tuff and considered uneatable meat and came up with barbeque. The pour *** south Louisiana Cajun’s killed and cooked almost any dam thing and with the right spices made it taste good.

I just wished I had thought of making my own bike stand.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:04 AM
MotoGP

Naw I didn't come up with the idea, just took a chance and tried it. Just wanted to share it with everyone.

Mmmmmm, fajitas. LOL, loved your analogy. Pet peeve: chicken fajtitas. Hmm, let's see. We'll take ordinary grilled chicken, put it in a tortilla, call it chicken fajitas, and charged a lot more! Brilliant........