General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

rc51 front end price

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 06:41 AM
Superstock

Bearshawk is on a distinguished road
rc51 front end price

what you all of you fellas pay for a complete RC51 front end... there is one on ebay, im sure some of you have seen/watching it, going for 1200 bucks

is that really a going price for a straight setup? sp1 to sp2 difference in value?

im talking, clipons, triples, brakes, legs, wheel, rubber
Old 03-24-2015, 09:38 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
That sounds expensive to me. The issue with the RC51 stuff is that there are not many of them so they are slipping into the "collectors items" prices.

You can get a cbr1000rr set up for much less since they are plentiful.

For that matter many other front ends are less than half that. FWIW I got my CBR 600RR front complete for $400 and IMHO its a better setup. This is cheap but just shows your options.

It even uses the same bearings! I swapped to tapered rollers but still.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:40 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
That's high, for me anyway. If its an SP2 it would command a higher price just because of the wheel. Which have become rare and sought after. Also at that price I would expect the forks to have a fresh rebuild with springs and valves for my weight and riding style. I want the moon too...
IIRC the bottom triple/stem won't work in the SH. Take a look at the front end swap guide to sort out the compatibility issues. If you end up getting parts you don't need, that's dollars wasted.

Last edited by xeris; 03-24-2015 at 06:01 PM. Reason: sp
Old 03-24-2015, 10:31 AM
Superstock

Bearshawk is on a distinguished road
i have read the fork swap guide and i go back and forth about the swap....

i need new seals in my stock forks and i did RT springs last year but NOT valves and was only mildly happy with the results.

IF i stick with stock i will have to have them rebuilt and add valving.

i really love USD forks... and having moved to kansas where there are tracks to play on i think the adjustability in RC51 forks or any other fork for that matter would be good especially since i DO plan on track days

if i can get a SP1 front end for anything near what it would cost to rebuild/revalve my stockers, i feel that it would be worth it + i could sell my RC51 brake swap here easily, and the bar risers...and throttlemeister
Old 03-24-2015, 05:08 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
What year CBS600RR? Did you loose steering lock and were there fairing contact issues?

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
That sounds expensive to me. The issue with the RC51 stuff is that there are not many of them so they are slipping into the "collectors items" prices.

You can get a cbr1000rr set up for much less since they are plentiful.

For that matter many other front ends are less than half that. FWIW I got my CBR 600RR front complete for $400 and IMHO its a better setup. This is cheap but just shows your options.

It even uses the same bearings! I swapped to tapered rollers but still.
Old 03-25-2015, 08:46 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Skokie I have 2 VTRs. One has the 1000rr front end. You loose some steering lock due to them being quite a bit wider. I didn't trim fairing but filed down the stops.

The 600rr front end I think is 08ish but isn't mounted yet, just installed roller bearings on it. It is way narrower than the 1000 unit. Similar to the VTRs size so don't expect to lose much lock.

Will post up when its on, should be soon.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:21 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bearshawk
is that really a going price for a straight setup?
im talking, clipons, triples, brakes, legs, wheel, rubber
I guess you could say it is being that it wasn't simply an asking price, it actually sold for that. One could probably do a little better buying the parts separate here and there when good deals come up but when you itemize all the parts it's not really that crazy...