General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

RC-51 Pipes on a Hawk?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Squid

redshirt is on a distinguished road
RC-51 Pipes on a Hawk?

I noticed while spending far too much time looking for pipes for my new Vtr that most companies don't list exhausts for the vtr but they do for the RC-51, can a high mount slip on for an RC-51 work for our VTR's?

Can we at least use the cans?

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Back Marker

GeMs is on a distinguished road
Use the search. This has already been discussed.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:34 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
I got a pair of hindle ti's to fit but it wasn't easy. car parts were involved.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Squid

redshirt is on a distinguished road
I always love the "do a search" answer. I did search,,, always have, I belong to many tdi and bike forums.

Any way, In my searches I found only no's, Just looking for more yes's.

So far what I have searched and found exhuast posts, this seems to be the order in which you reccomend fot the VTR:

1.Sato or Arata/ for actual performance gains
2. Akrapovic/ sound (best)
3. Leo Vince/ sound and quality (can make loud by removing baffle)
4.Two Bro's / sound and price
5. Indego/ mount (easily best high mount position)
4. Jardines/ mount and sound
5.Yosh/ sound but quiter than most
6.D&D / sound but tinny
6. Mig
7. Micron and the rest
Old 04-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Back Marker

GeMs is on a distinguished road
No offense man. Just so many new people come on here and ask the same ish.. Just gets a tad bit repetitive.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:22 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
You can use any cans. For instance two bros mufflers from an rc51 are the same size as their mufflers for a superhawk so they'll intercharge. Any like brand should work. As far as midpipes I've tried and the right side midpipe from an RC will fit fine on a superhawk, but the left side the bend is off and it would need to be modified. Also SOME brands will work with each other. Like I know D&D cans will fit fine on jardine chrome midpipes (the ones that come w the black powdercoat system that uses clamps) but you have to be aware of inlet & midpipe sizes, are they clamp or spring, etc...Also be aware that each brand may make several different kinds/styles/fitments so just because they're like brands doesn't mean everything will fit.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:47 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GeMs
No offense man. Just so many new people come on here and ask the same ish.. Just gets a tad bit repetitive.
If it wasn't for the new people (like me to this site) coming around asking questions about things that have surely been discussed before, what exactly would we be on here for? Isn't that kinda the point of the forum?

I'm a long time member of many off road forums, and very active member of most of there clubs... With that being said, I do see the same questions on those sites too... BUT... While there are tons of things that can be found by searching, there are just as many things out there that the search feature sucks for... And for instance... So what if people have said no to putting RC51 pipes on our bikes 25 times on the site... Its very possible that since the last time that has been brought up, that a new member may have gone and installed some that people said he couldn't do... But that new member isn't going to go update 25 other threads he may have never seen, but is very likely to join in this thread....

and if the new guy brings back a 2yr old thread, people don't even bother clicking on it, or give them shht over bringing back dead threads....

So I'm not trying to be a *** here... really i'm not... But as tired as you may get of seeing duplicate questions... if you took all the questions that get asked here each month, and deleted all the duplicates, you have a site that gets 1-2 new questions a month... and if there are only 1-2 posts, who would continue to come here? By responding to a thread with "do a search" you are only pushing new members away from the online community, and making them not feel welcome... if you don't want to help, then don't.... but don't ruin it for others... as there are TONS of people online who are more than happy to help people with things that have been done over and over again... if you wanna help, but are tired of trying it out each time, then post a link to the answer...

Again.. don't wanna be a jerk, but if you wanna help the guy, help.. if not, don't...
Old 04-04-2008, 10:03 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
I got 92 hits searching "rc51 exhausts" and here's a link of mine from that search.

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...t=rc51+exhaust

NOTE: pics were lost in a server crash. Here's some generic pics of them installed tho'.

Name:  KG9K5016copyweb.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  168.7 KB
Name:  IMG_5013.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  195.9 KB

Last edited by superbling; 04-05-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:17 AM
Redtail Raptor
Squid

cljackson99 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Redshirt - Thanks for the rank list on exhaust posts here. I'm looking for pipes for my newly acquired SH and have been waffling between Jardines and Leo Vs and spending way too much time looking at crappy video on Youtube and cruising old posts here looking for ideas on exhaust build quality. Your list has me swaying towards the Leos.

Joshuatest - Well said. I'm an old former member of the old Hawk GT list (the first bike I ever loved) and that forum was a treasure trove of info on mods to the old NT 650. And while lots of my questions were answered with a simple forum search, there were times when fresh insight on old questions was invaluable.