Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Any Pipes for other bikes fit Super Hawk??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Squid

nativegolf is on a distinguished road
Any Pipes for other bikes fit Super Hawk??

I was wondering if there are any pipes setup for other bikes that would fit the Super Hawk?

I was wanting some Sato or Arata S/O pipes, but didn't see any specific for the SH.

If no others, what are people running and pleased with?

I don't want high mount, only thing I'm seeing with Jardine (otherwise would have gone with some of those).

Later,

Trey
Old 04-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Superstock

MUHerdFan is on a distinguished road
You can see alot of applications by brand by searching on pipecity's website. This forum has had numerous nice S/O setups for sale in the past month, all of which I missed by minutes, so I ended up with a set of WileyCo Racing stainless S/O's. Jardine and Two Brothers seem to be the easiest to find, and both have standard mount options. There are a few guys on the forum with Yoshimura cans, which look sweet.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:31 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
You could use any cans but you'd need to use superhawk midpipes or have custom link pipes made. Most cans can pretty easily be mixed and matched and if they don't fit already can be pretty easily made to do so. I saw a sweet set of sato gp's off an aprilia I was thinking of using the cans from.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
I'm using a Moriwaki can from an RC51. Had to do some custom work on the midpipe.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Señor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
My boy who rides a TL looked at my Yoshis and thinks they are the same as on his bike. We have not bothered to check for sure though.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:29 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
I put stock rc51 pipes on mine (see avatar) but they have a larger ID than the VTR and the mounting points on the muffler end aren't even close.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:58 AM
Superstock

johnnyhonda is on a distinguished road
How about a set of D&D's. I loved my D&D's. You can get a set of alum. s/o for under $500.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:29 AM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
I have a set of lowmount yoshis left side some rash from droping it in the drive way right side is nice if interested let me know and I will send some pics
Old 04-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Squid

rideawn is on a distinguished road
I just ordered a set of D&D in the black satin. They are on there way! Like johnnyhonda said, they are a great price at under $500 ($478 to my door).
Old 04-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Back Marker

Blurr is on a distinguished road
Anyone have MIG pipes, for sale etc etc REALLY want a set of MIGs but no where to be found.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Back Marker

Blurr is on a distinguished road
Also I have some used DD carbons for sale that came off my bike before I got my jardines I have now.

Just want a higher exit system and all I seen was migs, devils and staintunes.

I find the jardines are WAY too loud
Old 04-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
IIRC, MIG went out of business about a year ago. Don't know if it still holds true or if they were rebought.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
I'd also heard MIG went out of business but according to Exotic Sportbike's MIG exhaust page http://www.exoticsportbike.com/honda16.htm they're back in business. However, if you click the VTR link it says they're out of business, but I think the not that they're IN business is more recent. I suggest you call.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:01 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Eurobikes.com still sells Migs but I no longer see them listed for superhawks.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Squid

Thanks for the offers. I had a D&D on my F2, but was so dang loud. I'm wanting a good bass, but also able to ride in neighborhood at night without waking everyone up.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Squid

Rofest is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up D&D

D&D are LOUD! Had cf Jardines on the RC but the D&D sound is neck snapping. However, D&D doesn't make a high mount
Old 04-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Back Marker

xecutech is on a distinguished road
I did the mod, if that's what you call it, where you drill a couple of holes in the stock pipes tonight. It improved the sound, but still not deep enough rumble for me.

I am looking for some slip ons now, but this will work for the moment.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Back Marker

GeMs is on a distinguished road
I ordered a pair on Jardine RT-1 black high mounts. They just came in today while I was working. Im going to throw them on tomorrow and Ill let you know how they sound because I was looking for a bassier sound also.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Back Marker

Does anyone have the 2 brothers slip ons? I found a set online and was interested in them. I have had them on other bikes, but not the sh.

I don't know which ones I would like to have. I have it narrowed dow to jardine, 2 brothers and maybe d&d. Also, are the scorpion exhausts any good?
Old 04-27-2007, 04:56 AM
Squid

Rofest is on a distinguished road
Ive seen 2Bros on some Duc Monsters and they sound low and loud. Prob the same sound on the 996. Was not impressed with MIG. Thought MIGs sounded better on 4 bangers. If you want a loud, low bass sound and don't want to drop a ton of cash, hit the D&D or 2Bro cans
Old 04-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Back Marker

GeMs is on a distinguished road
I just put the Jardines on today. Took about an hour by myself. I was very anxious to start it up and when I did I was extremely happy with the sound. Its a very deep rumble. Very bassy. Not extremely loud, but nowhere near quiet. They are nice.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:41 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
2Bros SO's

Originally Posted by xecutech
Does anyone have the 2 brothers slip ons? I found a set online and was interested in them. I have had them on other bikes, but not the sh.

I don't know which ones I would like to have. I have it narrowed dow to jardine, 2 brothers and maybe d&d. Also, are the scorpion exhausts any good?
I have the 2Bros SO ovals, they are not too loud but I wear ear plugs anyway. People say they sound sweet. I repacked them with SS wool and ceramic HT packing rather than glass, so they're a bit louder but will never burn out (though will clog up). They are light and OK quality. I got mine like-new for $200 used. With the PAIR disabled and OEM filter, I shimmed the stock needles .040" and run 180r/178f on the main jets, with the fuel screws about 2 turns out. Mileage is about 33 average, 38 high and 28 low. I adjusted the fuel sensor arm in the tank so the OLOD shines at 110 miles average, or with 6/10ths of a gallon remaining.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Back Marker

The prices for d&d are really affordable, but I like the look of the 2 brother pipes better, so I am torn.

I think someone on here had some used d&d pipes for sale, but never could get prices.

I want the carbon look, but are they really lighter than the stainless steel pipes? If they are the same weight, I may go ss to save some money.
I hate that the manufacturer web sites doesnt include details like weight and etc.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:55 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by xecutech
The prices for d&d are really affordable, but I like the look of the 2 brother pipes better, so I am torn.

I think someone on here had some used d&d pipes for sale, but never could get prices.

I want the carbon look, but are they really lighter than the stainless steel pipes? If they are the same weight, I may go ss to save some money.
I hate that the manufacturer web sites doesnt include details like weight and etc.

Carbon and Ti are the lightest, then AL then SS. In my experience, carbon does not hold up well on big twins and TI cans have a tendency to develop hot spots that discolor the sleeve on large twins; plus they are both much more expensive (in relation to the weight savings). Carbon cans do sound mellower but also do not survive tipovers very well in comparison. SS is the most durable but why go that route for weight and cost reasons?
Old 05-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Squid

Babelfish is on a distinguished road
Remus cans

Let me first say it's my first post here.
I have a '99 FireStorm with Italian full fairing (can't remember the guy's name anymore) Painted in the typical 2000-2002 RR Honda Wing on the side panels, in black and yellow (wing). Decals are also '97 yellow.
I just bought a pair of Remus high mont cans off ebay.co.uk.
Anyone here got them? They are European made (Austria I think) a quite pricy as new. But I've allways facied the look and sound of them.
I've owned a '97 firestorm, that I had from '98 to 2001. Got another one in 2000 and used it for rookie racing that year and parked it (long storry but a crash of the other one and customs rules made that a smart option) Got the same bike on the road in 2005.
In between those years I've been racing (at club level) with my Aprilia RS250.

I've been on off VTR mail-lists and now I wonder. Does this forum originate from the original mail-list?
Old 05-12-2007, 04:23 PM
Squid

I've seen where exoticsportbike.com has Leo Vince for 510 - standard mount and 610-high mount.

Started liking the high mount system. Does anyone with high mounts put on saddle bags? Seems like there is enough overhang by the rear fairing, but wanted to check with someone.
Any pics with high mount and saddle bags?
Old 05-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Administrator
World Champion

You must have the Mario Nava fairings! Now, before anyone else says it:

Yeah, Michael Amisano founded the forum after RLZ went away. Before that it was zikzak and before that I think it was sport-twin.com. How far back do you go?

The screen name sounds familiar but I can't remember your name, or where you're from. From the looks of the email ".no" is Norway?
Old 05-13-2007, 05:06 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by Hawkrider
You must have the Mario Nava fairings! Now, before anyone else says it:

Yeah, Michael Amisano founded the forum after RLZ went away. Before that it was zikzak and before that I think it was sport-twin.com. How far back do you go?

The screen name sounds familiar but I can't remember your name, or where you're from. From the looks of the email ".no" is Norway?
Pictures will arrive soon

Yes it's marios fairings. I was working in Italy and met with him and the guy who actually make the stuff. Funny thing is that when I brought the fairing home from Italy I arrive the city only to see a huge fire down town. That was my appartment and high monts going up in fire.

As I've said I have been on and off. Think I was around allready with sport-twin.com the first time, in '98.
Specifically remember a well off guy from the bay-area that allways ended up in endless discussions. Had a horrible crash but very lucky and went on racing club racing I think. What was his name, not "Whiner" but close?

And, yes I'm from Norway.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:43 AM
Squid

Picture of my VTR

Basically the same as now, but a new irridium screen.
As you can see the original exhaust have clear signs of frequent contact with the ground. That's why I'm happy to get a pair of Remus cans now
Old 05-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Squid

G-Money0420 is on a distinguished road
I have MIG exhaust on my bike. I bought them off ebay about 3 yrs. ago. I had to mod them to get the sound I wanted......LOUD! I still gotta figure a way to my rear pegs back on the bike.

Quick Reply: Any Pipes for other bikes fit Super Hawk??