General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Race Stands for the Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 09:22 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
I have a set of Handy Stands that I use on my VTR, and previously on my F3. The rear is adjustable, so they will fit a variety of bikes (good investment value). They are inexpensive ($99/pair) and strong enough for light to moderate work.

If it's your first time putting a bike up on stands, get someone to help you first. Give it some time to get used to the VTR's weight and the technique.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:07 AM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Race Stands for the Hawk

I have the Lockhart Phillips front and rear stands.... the work just fine on the Hawk... I picked up the rear used on Ebay for like 50 bucks.... I think I remember someone on the web selling them around 90 bucks shipped.

The only problem I have with the stand is that if you place it to far up the swingarm (towards the engine) it hits the exhaust as you lift the bike (not so great).... but that's about the only thing, and there's plenty of room further back on the arm to lift the bike without worrying about hitting the exhaust.

The first time you lift the bike just take your time and if someone else is there that would help.... but I put it on and off the stand everytime I ride (to avoid my wife from knocking it over, arrrgh) and it's a breaze, takes like 10 seconds.

J.
Old 10-25-2004, 02:51 PM
faz
Superstock

faz
I have the LP front (triple clamp) and rear (adjustable) stands. the rear one is advertised in the LP sections of various magazine ads for about $60 or so, I guess.

You may be able to save the shipping costs if you go order from a local store in your area. Don't just assume that ordering online is cheaper.

Putting the bike on the rear stand is easy, and with little patience and planning you can do it safely, without worrying about dropping the bike.

The front stand should only be used with a rear stand. (can't use it on its own.)

Buy both front/rear, and if you are thinking of buying front as well, get the type that lifts from the triple clamp rather than the ones (like handy) that lift from buttom of the forks.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:49 PM
Motorcyclenut!
Squid

prhenderson

I have LP front and rear too. No probs, use it by myself all the time.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Back Marker

HotStreetVTR

I use the "LP Racing" (Lockhart-Phillips) rear stand (have no front stand yet) and find it to be both sturdy and easy to use.

--HotStreetVTR