General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

quick drag racing questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 07:23 AM
Back Marker

BooYeah
Re: quick drag racing questions

I think i am the only one that drag races my bike on a regular basis.

First off buy one of the links i will be making. Also you need to go to your local shop and get a drag strap for about 20 bucks. This will lower the front and make it much harder to wheelie, this way you can put more weight on the rear without doing power wheelies.

When you launch the bike you want the tire to spin just barely, this way you get a little more heat and also you can get the clutch engaged without having to slip it for as long. On a race bike you don't want any spin, but on your street bike you don't want to replace your clutch cause of 5 trips to the track.
Feather the clutch but get it out as fast as possible, spinning the tire a little and getting your weight far forward, unless strapped.
After the launch
The ket thing is moving your weight, now that your under power you need to keep your body from pivoting or moving to much. Try to time it so that when you do bring you feet to the pegs it is right in time to shift into 2nd. Then after that you need to tuck your body in and move your weight back, getting the front to power wheelie about 2 inches off the ground means less rollign resistance and all the power you have can be put down. then shift as fast as you can and keep in it, don't be skered.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:25 AM
Back Marker

BooYeah

If you can imagine adding about 60 pounds to the front of the bike without actually gaining weight that is what a strap does.

for every inch you lower your front it is about 34-60 pounds depending on you suspension, so if you strap it all the way down it will not wheelie in first at all, atleast mine won't
Old 05-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Back Marker

BooYeah

is this 1/4 or 1/8???

The drag strap has bolts that go into your calipers and goes over the fram to compress the suspension. It helps ALOT!!! I mean like .5 or more sometimes in the 1/8th.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Back Marker

BooYeah

I will have mine strapped for sunday and i will get somepics, they look badass sitting so low to the ground