General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Question about Krieger tensioner.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Squid

Rad_Draven is on a distinguished road
Question about Krieger tensioner.

Hello to all. I need some help as soon as possible. I took my bike to a mechanic for fitting some krieger CCT's, and the front one looks okey, but the rear one I think is too tight. If I need to tight it on the future, I could screw it only about two milimeters. Is that correct? And please, Can I see some photos about the Krieger's cct placed on the bike? Because the ones on his ebay page are not the same size than the ones he's selling. Thanks a lot and I'll apreciate a lot some pics
Old 02-14-2012, 09:50 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
It's hard to tell from your post what's going on, but here's what I think may be happening

1) You can't really tell how tight they are by looking.

2) I believe that Kreiger CCT's are being sold at different lengths as a certain length is easier to adjust through the frame on the front CCT. Maybe the front one is longer? I can't remember which, but the length doesn't really matter as long as the bolt is long enough to press against the cam chain slide.

3) Kreiger sells several sets of CCT's for different bikes, and made some slight changes at request to members for the VTR (I believe this is only the length of the bolt, but there could be others), which is why you are probably seeing differences in pictures. If the CCT body lines up with the body on your bike, then you're good.

4) Ask your shop how they adjusted them. This is the best way to see if they're too tight... If the motorcycle is running, then that's a good sign that they're close.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:33 PM
SportTouring
Superstock

Onomea is on a distinguished road
According to my Install instructions from Krieger MCCT on my set, there are two
different length adjuster bolts. The SHORTER ONE goes on the REAR CYLINDER.
Hope this helps. If not, contact Kreiger. He is very helpful and responsive.