General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Question about Jardine RTOne Exhsausts.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Squid
Squid

The Hawk Guy
Question Question about Jardine RTOne Exhsausts.

Hello everyone,

What kind of aftermarket pipes you guys have on your hawks? Did you guys have to rejet the carbs?

I've never had any performance modifications done on my hawk and I'm thinking of getting a pair of Jardine RTOne Aluminum. A lot of people say they sound nice and actually help the bike to gain a few more horse power.

I've seen a lot of Jardine's being sold on Ebay but I don't know how they compare to TwoBros, Yoshi, LeoVince, or Staintune?

Most importantly, do I need to rejet my carbs after switching to the aftermarket pipes? Most likely I will be getting Jardine's but I really don't wanna touch my carbs unless I have to.

Thanks for viewing.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Squid

JesseW.
i had a pair of carbon yoshi's on mine until a small backfire messes up the left can(pushed the carbon out of the clamp and took a chunk out of the bottom. they were about 7 years old)

because i'm a cash strapped college student i got the aluminum Jardine RT-1 highmounts with the race baffles. they are a bit louder than the yoshi's and i like the looks better. the mounts shake around alittle bit and i had to find some washers to space out the left footpeg just a little bit more. they aren't really that much heavier. my bike was jetted when i bought it so it would probably be best to go with a jet kit. you can get the jardines cheaper from star cycles. $499 to your door.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Back Marker

kevink2 is on a distinguished road
I really regretted messing with pipes on my Calif. model '98. My bike ran terrible down low without rejetting after installing some Two Bros. cans. It took me a long while to find someone who could get the jetting right. Two Bros. refused to help me over the phone, deflecting me to the jetting manufacturer. If you're mechanically inclined, there's plenty of info on adjusting the jetting, etc., yourself, but if you don't work on your own bike, finding someone to do this can be a real headache. I took it back to one race shop three times and they could never get it right, even though they claimed they had done "plenty of these". I rode it like that for several years out of frustration. I finally found a tuning guru and he dialed my jetting in (amongst other things), and you can't imagine how happy I am again. But it's been a long road...living in Calif. doesn't help. If you're going to do it, find a good tuner.