General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

posting up a video

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
posting up a video

with all the chatting going on about the up and coming get together at deals gap I just picked up a helmet camera and wanted to post up a video of nice twisty that's about 6 miles from my house. It's where I go and scrub in my new tires. I've been trying to post it up thru Video Google but it won't let me. Do you guys know where I can post it up at? BTW it's 123mb
Old 05-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
I put mine up at PutFile.com.

You try YouTube?
Old 05-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Superstock

HRCVTR1000 is on a distinguished road
Most video upload sites like google & youtube will only accept 100mb or 10 minutes . Streetfire.net will take bigger uploads plus they dont compress it and ruin the quality ( thats where I posted my last one ) But beware they are pretty much a car site and my vids tend to bring out the sportbike haters in the comments section . I suggest if you use them set it with no comments allowed unless you like getting into a pissing match with a bunch of cagers ! Let us know when you post it . I would like to see it . heres the link http://www.streetfire.net/
Old 05-02-2007, 04:23 AM
Superstock

Ok, I reduced it and was able to get it posted but it changed the quality. I'm still messing around with the placement of the camera. I was rather surprised how high the camera seemed sitting on top of the helmet and I need to work on the microphone placement, I had a ton of wind noise and you couldn't really tell how far I had the Chicken leaned over. Let me know what you think, I'll probably move the camera to under the headlight

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...11847456123301
Old 05-02-2007, 09:14 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

Video looks good.

What about a gas tank mount? That would help reduce windnoise. Or mount the microphone near the exhaust pipes.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Superstock

I thought about a tank mount but already had the helmet camera. I've read that if I put some tape over the mic it would reduce the wind noise. I'll have to double check how long the mic cord to mount it close to the pipes.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

I haven't heard about tape on the mic. That's something I'll try next time.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Squid

quakefiend420 is on a distinguished road
i've got a tankmount coming for my camera, picked it up off of ebay

i'm expecting windnoise to be a problem as well...i'm liking the idea of mounting a mic by the exhaust...maybe i can stick it up under the fairing to keep it out of the wind and only get sweet exhaust note
Old 05-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

Originally Posted by quakefiend420
i've got a tankmount coming for my camera, picked it up off of ebay

i'm expecting windnoise to be a problem as well...i'm liking the idea of mounting a mic by the exhaust...maybe i can stick it up under the fairing to keep it out of the wind and only get sweet exhaust note
The mic-line can also go underneath the seat.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:35 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
If the cord is long enough, put the mike in a plastic bag and install it under the seat with duct tape. In the movie business it's called gaffer tape because the gaffer knows he only has to keep the set together for that one shot. A little foam mat between the bag and the mounting surface will eliminate vibration hammering if your tape or bag is too loose. Mount your helmet cam to your shoulder armor. The problem with helmet cams is that you're looking ahead and you want to show what the bike is doing now. You can't take your head out of the game so you have to keep the cam in the same field as the bike. If you're really cranking it over and the cam is mounted to your shoulder it will look like you are driving on your ear. Move it around and make short trips to test your shots. Driving around the block or less will help you settle on the view you like best. Good luck and let us know!
Old 05-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Superstock

thanks for the tips. I'll definately have to try some different spots. I was going at a good pace but looking at the video you really can't tell. There were a few turns in that run where I had a knee on the ground, oh well. Hopefully the weather is good tomorrow after work and I can mess around with it.