General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Possibly Buy

Old 05-20-2014, 11:31 PM
Squid
Squid

Jeimuzu is on a distinguished road
Possibly Buy

I'm going to look at a Superhawk on Sunday (FINALLY!) and was curious what I should look for/at.
I can't really seem to recall any specific stuff, and a few hours of searching and reading didn't give me any results (totally could've just missed it...)
I'm pretty sure it needs CCTs, so that's planned for regardless, as the bike is pretty high mileage.
What other things should I check out to make sure it's in decent condition ?
Old 05-21-2014, 07:53 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
There isn't really anything specific on this bike that you should be looking into other than CCT's and R/R, but both of those you can replace on your own. It doesn't have a second gear prone to wearing or anything. Just pay attention to any gibberish the owner spits out and warning signs of it being laid down. Turns out there aren't any maroon superhawks (I learned this after chipping off a maroon and then a purple layer of paint on mine!).

Pretty much any list of things to look at on a used motorcycle online will give you an idea of how well it's cared for.

> What color is the brake/clutch fluid? Swamp water or nice titanium clear?
> Is there a jet kit/ K&N air filter?
> What shape are the rotors/pads in?
> Is there any play in the forks? Does it track straight when you take your hands off the bars?
> How loose is the nut that's selling you the bike? Ask him to tell you what's wrong or what needs to be done to the Superhawk in the near future. Almost every bike has something on the horizon that will need to be changed or looked at.

And all those other things that are good advice for people buying used vehicles, but I seem to wipe from my mind when I check out one myself.