General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Poser no more

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 08:24 AM
Squid

Emwyn
Poser no more

After reading threads forums and magazine articles. I finally bought a Superhawk. Its a 1998 with 10,400 miles on it. Paid $4,200 for it. So far I test rode it for 15 miles, and put 60 miles on it yesterday. A few thoughts I'd like to share on the bike so far in random order.

This bike is easy to ride. My old bike is a Suzuki Marauder, a great bike by the way, so I was doubling my horsepower as soon as I started the motor on the SH. I was surprised at how smooth the power increases on this bike as I twist the throttle.

75 mph feels like 45mph.

I'll have the cam chain tensioner replaced. There is some engine noise, I'm not sure what a normal level for this bike is but this may be part of it. Either way just to follow the advice I've been reading.

It likes low RPM parkway driving. Sometimes fun when I don't want to drive fast, sometimes necessary when the car in front of me doesn't want to go ovet 20. Its also fun to hear the Two Bros slip ons growl at low rpm.

The stock front springs seem fine for now. I weigh 145 lbs and I'm no where near any track days. I'll spend the riding season with them and see how it goes.

The brakes are great. It has stainless steel lines and I'm coming from a cruiser. I've been sticking with two finger braking but I've still overbraked a few times.

All in all this bike handled and performed as I have read everywhere. No surprises other than how quickly 75mph comes up without feeling like I'm going fast.

Thanks to everyone whose questions, comments and advice that led me to this bike.

I still have the big stupid grin on my face.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:20 PM
faz
Superstock

faz
welcome aboard!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Superstock

ClevelandSuperhawkRumble
Re: Poser no more

hey newbie! glad you like your hawk. i am in the midst of messing with mine. just got it about a month ago-precisely the time i started annoying these guys with my posts :P . anyways, glad ya like the hawk, ciao
Old 04-10-2005, 11:54 PM
Superstock

Texassuperhawk
Re: Poser no more

Welcome to The superhawk , I came to mine from a harley 883 sportster so I know the feeling, I love it, wrecked it twice and still got it. I am in the process of some modifications, but it'll be terrorizing Houston soon.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:18 AM
Superstock

cdyer77
welcome to the site.