General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Performance issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Squid

seattlesucks
Performance issues?

OK... SO... I've had my 02 superhawk for almost a month now. After a cold night, it doesn't like to start and will quite often backfire once it does start. Is this normal? What am I doing wrong? Is somthing wrong with it?

Also, a couple of weeks ago I went out for a ride and tried my first wheelie on it. I was in first gear, front end came up fine, no problem. Since then, it seems like when I try to do a power wheelie, the front end doesn't want to come up. It seems like the bike goes straight from 1k rpm to the limiter. It might just be nerves (i.e. I get scared and don't grab enough throttle). Also, I've read that this bike will power wheelie at about 35mph in 2nd gear. I haven't tried, but it doesn't seem like it'd do it. I'm a bigger guy at 6'6" and 300+, and I have an aftermarket 15t sprocket (last owner put it on)... could that make it harder? I might just be putting too much weight on the front end early in the power band. It seems like it might be a little less torquey than it was a couple weeks ago, but it could be just me getting used to the power. Any ideas?

And finally; I know sloppy toes on this bike can have some issues shifting from first to second. It seems like a pretty harsh click if not a bit of a grind when I shift unless I match RPMs really really well. Is this normal, just an issue with my crappy riding, or do I need to bleed the clutch?

Thanks so much for any info/tips!
Old 04-16-2006, 09:14 PM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
weight will be hard to do in 2nd... 1st imo is hard to wheelie with just cause it's so short... you bring it up and you're already at the limiter... even half throttle you're through first in the blink of an eye...