General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

peg rubber?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:23 AM
Engorged Member
Squid

FatHawk is on a distinguished road
peg rubber?

My new Oxtar boots have a little more beef to them than I'm used to so room in the peg area is at a premium.

Anyone ever remove the rubber form the pegs? If so did it cause any scary vibrations? Make the pegs slippery?

I've already moved my shift lever up, but I still need a little more room. It looks like the stock peg rubber is pretty thick.

Thanks for any responses.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:06 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
I've never tried to remove the rubbers but you can get metal only aftermarket pegs real cheap. If you don't regularly grind pegs, you might also consider my peg lowering mod.
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...otpeg+lowering
Old 03-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Superstock

RPV-Hawk is on a distinguished road
I've got a set of Gilles rearsets. They don't have any rubber on the footpegs and the vibration has never bothered me. Yes, there's more vibes than with the rubber coated stock pegs, but nothing horrible. IMHO it gives a more "connected" feel to the engine, so you can "feel" how/what the engine is doin'.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got Lockhart Phillips Superbike aluminum pegs. no padding or damping material. no problems, vibration or otherwise. although with no peg feelers I think the exhaust is the first thing to grind and that's not good.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Superstock

RPV-Hawk is on a distinguished road
I actually scrape the side stand first (on the left), but yeah, after that it very quickly drags low/stock mount pipes on both sides.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:42 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FatHawk
My new Oxtar boots have a little more beef to them than I'm used to so room in the peg area is at a premium.

Anyone ever remove the rubber form the pegs? If so did it cause any scary vibrations? Make the pegs slippery?

I've already moved my shift lever up, but I still need a little more room. It looks like the stock peg rubber is pretty thick.

Thanks for any responses.
If you remove the rubbers, you might have to worry about them having little pegs....safty first man, safty first...