General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Parts arriving

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Back Marker

toy4xchris is on a distinguished road
Parts arriving

I just couldn't hold it in I feel like a little kid on christmas all my front end parts for the 954 swap are showing up. Almost everything minus a few nuts and bolts that are on there way. Just had to share this with some people I thought would actually care lol.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:09 PM
Superstock

AngryOlaf is on a distinguished road
Must be nice... The wife would kill me if I spent more on the bike right now.

Please post photos of the install process and result if you can... Would love to see it!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Back Marker

I think this is one of the many reasons I am still single lol. I will def post pics of it all for you guys.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Whatcha doing for clip-ons?
Old 11-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Back Marker

I have a set of converti-bars for the 954 that are fully adjustable. the reason I went with them is my brothers and dad love to take superr long rides so I can raise them up for long rides and drop them for playin in the canyons
Old 12-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Back Marker

So I got super excited and got it all put together last weekend but couldn't find my small grinder to get to the steering stops. So I will be pulling it apart again this weekend and find a camera to take some pictures and stuff for you all.

Next step for it will be a Factory pro shift kit for it cause clunky shifts suck.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:35 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Old 12-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Superstock

Next step for it will be a Factory pro shift kit for it cause clunky shifts suck.
I had been planning this change for my Hawk, but have actually grown pretty comfortable with the clunk. It makes me assertive in my shifting and I definitely know when I've changed gears!!!

I'm sure the more refined shifting would be nice, but this mod has dropped way down on my list.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Back Marker

here's a few pics just for you guys.

front end pic
Name:  007-1.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  146.8 KB

coerce rearsets
Name:  006-1.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  100.3 KB

Converti-bars
Name:  004-2.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  134.6 KB
Old 12-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by AngryOlaf
I had been planning this change for my Hawk, but have actually grown pretty comfortable with the clunk. It makes me assertive in my shifting and I definitely know when I've changed gears!!!

I'm sure the more refined shifting would be nice, but this mod has dropped way down on my list.
Yea its going to be something that will probably wait until after the new year we will see
Old 12-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Back Marker

a couple more pics of how its coming together

Name:  005-1.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  146.9 KB

Name:  013-1.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  105.9 KB

and the big toy blocking the rain and wind for me

Old 12-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Squid

Monkeygym is on a distinguished road
VTR1000F Coerce rearsets question

Hello Superhawk forum--I just found your site this week, cool that you're on it. I just tried yesterday to put the Coerce rear sets on my VTR1000R, and it all went pretty well, except for when it came time to put the clevis on the shift shaft, the splines were totally not right. The ones on the shift shaft are much finer than the ones on the steel clevis that came with the kit that has a bunch more offset than the aluminum one that is stock. Have any of you have this experience? Any suggestions for resolution? My thoughts are that I could modify the stock clevis by welding a spacer into it to give it the right offset, or I could make a new clevis from one for a CR80 which appears to have the same spline. I sent an email to the guy who I got the rearsets from, on eBay, in Japan, but I'm not sure how that will resolve, so I thought I'd check with the resident experts--that's y'all! Thank you in advance--jim
Old 12-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Superstock

Um... ???
Old 12-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Monkeygym
Hello Superhawk forum--I just found your site this week, cool that you're on it. I just tried yesterday to put the Coerce rear sets on my VTR1000R, and it all went pretty well, except for when it came time to put the clevis on the shift shaft, the splines were totally not right. The ones on the shift shaft are much finer than the ones on the steel clevis that came with the kit that has a bunch more offset than the aluminum one that is stock. Have any of you have this experience? Any suggestions for resolution? My thoughts are that I could modify the stock clevis by welding a spacer into it to give it the right offset, or I could make a new clevis from one for a CR80 which appears to have the same spline. I sent an email to the guy who I got the rearsets from, on eBay, in Japan, but I'm not sure how that will resolve, so I thought I'd check with the resident experts--that's y'all! Thank you in advance--jim
I didn't have any problems getting mine to fit the only major issue was that it didn't come with the bolt for the clevis but with enough beers I figured out that the stock one worked lol sorry I couldn't have been more help
Old 12-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Squid

Coerce Rearset part compatibility issue

I contacted the seller; he asked for pictures, so I sent this one....if I could figure out how to post it....OK, I think that I have it. He seems receptive to making it right. I'll report back when I get response.
Attached Thumbnails Parts arriving-honda-coerce-clevis.jpg  
Old 12-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Squid

The seller (from eBay) replied; tells me that in a few days, a replacement part will be shipped from the manufacturer. I hope it happens.
Happy Holidays to you all--jim
Old 12-21-2009, 04:55 PM
COBB Member
Superstock

stebbdt is on a distinguished road
Toy,
Ya didn't open all yer Xmas presents did ya? Careful of that one shaped like a genuine Red Ryder carbine repeter, you'll shoot yer eye out kid... lol, have a merry hohoho.