SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Parts arriving (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/parts-arriving-20846/)

toy4xchris 11-24-2009 06:40 PM

Parts arriving

I just couldn't hold it in I feel like a little kid on christmas all my front end parts for the 954 swap are showing up. Almost everything minus a few nuts and bolts that are on there way. :D Just had to share this with some people I thought would actually care lol.

AngryOlaf 11-24-2009 07:09 PM

Must be nice... The wife would kill me if I spent more on the bike right now. :p

Please post photos of the install process and result if you can... Would love to see it!

toy4xchris 11-24-2009 07:17 PM

I think this is one of the many reasons I am still single lol. I will def post pics of it all for you guys.

Hawkrider 11-26-2009 09:14 AM

Whatcha doing for clip-ons?

toy4xchris 11-27-2009 04:46 PM

I have a set of converti-bars for the 954 that are fully adjustable. the reason I went with them is my brothers and dad love to take superr long rides so I can raise them up for long rides and drop them for playin in the canyons

toy4xchris 12-11-2009 03:38 PM

So I got super excited and got it all put together last weekend but couldn't find my small grinder to get to the steering stops. So I will be pulling it apart again this weekend and find a camera to take some pictures and stuff for you all.

Next step for it will be a Factory pro shift kit for it cause clunky shifts suck.

Wolverine 12-12-2009 09:35 AM

:worthless:

AngryOlaf 12-12-2009 11:12 AM

Next step for it will be a Factory pro shift kit for it cause clunky shifts suck.
I had been planning this change for my Hawk, but have actually grown pretty comfortable with the clunk. It makes me assertive in my shifting and I definitely know when I've changed gears!!! :shock:

I'm sure the more refined shifting would be nice, but this mod has dropped way down on my list.

toy4xchris 12-12-2009 02:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here's a few pics just for you guys.

front end pic
Attachment 28213

coerce rearsets
Attachment 28214

Converti-bars
Attachment 28215
https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum....jpg%5B/IMG%5D

toy4xchris 12-12-2009 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by AngryOlaf (Post 246441)
I had been planning this change for my Hawk, but have actually grown pretty comfortable with the clunk. It makes me assertive in my shifting and I definitely know when I've changed gears!!! :shock:

I'm sure the more refined shifting would be nice, but this mod has dropped way down on my list.

Yea its going to be something that will probably wait until after the new year we will see

toy4xchris 12-12-2009 06:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
a couple more pics of how its coming together

Attachment 28211

Attachment 28212

and the big toy blocking the rain and wind for me

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/b...xchris/015.jpg

Monkeygym 12-17-2009 07:45 PM

VTR1000F Coerce rearsets question

Hello Superhawk forum--I just found your site this week, cool that you're on it. I just tried yesterday to put the Coerce rear sets on my VTR1000R, and it all went pretty well, except for when it came time to put the clevis on the shift shaft, the splines were totally not right. The ones on the shift shaft are much finer than the ones on the steel clevis that came with the kit that has a bunch more offset than the aluminum one that is stock. Have any of you have this experience? Any suggestions for resolution? My thoughts are that I could modify the stock clevis by welding a spacer into it to give it the right offset, or I could make a new clevis from one for a CR80 which appears to have the same spline. I sent an email to the guy who I got the rearsets from, on eBay, in Japan, but I'm not sure how that will resolve, so I thought I'd check with the resident experts--that's y'all! Thank you in advance--jim

AngryOlaf 12-17-2009 07:53 PM

Um... :threadjack: ??? :p

toy4xchris 12-17-2009 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Monkeygym (Post 247276)
Hello Superhawk forum--I just found your site this week, cool that you're on it. I just tried yesterday to put the Coerce rear sets on my VTR1000R, and it all went pretty well, except for when it came time to put the clevis on the shift shaft, the splines were totally not right. The ones on the shift shaft are much finer than the ones on the steel clevis that came with the kit that has a bunch more offset than the aluminum one that is stock. Have any of you have this experience? Any suggestions for resolution? My thoughts are that I could modify the stock clevis by welding a spacer into it to give it the right offset, or I could make a new clevis from one for a CR80 which appears to have the same spline. I sent an email to the guy who I got the rearsets from, on eBay, in Japan, but I'm not sure how that will resolve, so I thought I'd check with the resident experts--that's y'all! Thank you in advance--jim

I didn't have any problems getting mine to fit the only major issue was that it didn't come with the bolt for the clevis but with enough beers I figured out that the stock one worked lol sorry I couldn't have been more help

Monkeygym 12-19-2009 01:59 PM

Coerce Rearset part compatibility issue

1 Attachment(s)
I contacted the seller; he asked for pictures, so I sent this one....if I could figure out how to post it....OK, I think that I have it. He seems receptive to making it right. I'll report back when I get response.

Monkeygym 12-21-2009 04:21 PM

The seller (from eBay) replied; tells me that in a few days, a replacement part will be shipped from the manufacturer. I hope it happens.
Happy Holidays to you all--jim

stebbdt 12-21-2009 04:55 PM

Toy,
Ya didn't open all yer Xmas presents did ya? Careful of that one shaped like a genuine Red Ryder carbine repeter, you'll shoot yer eye out kid... lol, have a merry hohoho.