General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

parting ways

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Superstock

sprhawk neil is an unknown quantity at this point
parting ways

well boy's and girl's the dreaded time has arived, On sat. I'm parting ways with the beloved hawk, I would like to extend gratitude to every one here you have all been so helpful, I've relied on some of you as family, and while I'll be lurking and try to help new brothers and sisters through problems that arise I won't be street riding at this time. The bright side is a current member who has had a few hawks will be the proud new owner of my baby I'm sure he will drop in and say hi, And at least I can rest assured my baby is in good hands the hawk will be gone but NEVER forgoten
keep the rubber side down and enjoy.

Sincerly Neil Post
Old 03-28-2007, 03:07 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
You don't have to be a current owner or rider to hang with us, Neil.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Superstock

thanks nuhawk, I'll still be riding but I'm switching to the dirt for a while. makes more scense at this point.my riding season will be longer!! and most everyone I know has a dirtbike.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sprhawk neil
thanks nuhawk, I'll still be riding but I'm switching to the dirt for a while. makes more scense at this point.my riding season will be longer!! and most everyone I know has a dirtbike.
I can't go cold turkey in the dirt yet, too many outstanding roads up here to explore, but I have been itching to go Adventure/dual sporting....it is a lot safer, and there are a ton of guys out here that have them...so I feel ya...Good luck with it, and keep in touch with the clan here....
Old 03-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Superstock

johnnyhonda is on a distinguished road
Good luck with that. Dirt bikes scare me.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Administrator
World Champion

Hawkrider will become famous soon enoughHawkrider will become famous soon enough
Dirt bikes are cool. Haven't ridden one in a long time but I should get one. Problem is I'm running out of space and don't want to give up any of the bikes I have now.

Neil, you will be missed. It has been a pleasure having you with us and I think we all know that you will be back, probably with another Superhawk sometime in the future.

Keep the rubber side down and get some air for us all!
Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
Bye Neil, keep in touch and enjoy the ride.
What bike(s) will you be riding?
And, as always, be careful! Last weekend we had to pickup our son at the emergency room. He cased a 90' double and dislocated his shoulder, with bone chips on the side. Of course his CRF was built much stronger than him and barely noticed the crash.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:57 PM
Superstock

thanks to all. I will be shredding the dirt with an rmz 450 but WHEN I get another bike I'll look for a superhawk.no 90' doubles for me YET!!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:39 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Wishing you the best in your new endeavor, stop in and say HI once in a while...
Old 03-29-2007, 06:08 AM
Squid

redlinetech is on a distinguished road
You just need to have both. I have a KX 450 and went to the track yesterday. Hit the dirt and then go for a spin the hawk later.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:00 AM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point
good luck man, I did the dirtbike thing about two years ago. I only lasted 4 months without a sportbike. I bought the superhawk and never looked back, I couldn't believe how addicting this sport is.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Superstock

Birdoprey is an unknown quantity at this point
Since dirtbike riding tends to scare me I've found an acceptable compromise: My Superhawk serves as a sportbike and daily driver and my mountain bike satisfies the dirt desire and provides great exercise.
Speaking of which, Neil, you may want to consider a fitness program if you don't already have one. Motocrossers are hard on the body. Well, at least my trying to age body.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Seņor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
We all know you'll end up getting another Superhawk sometime in the future. It's all good. Just learn as much as you can riding in the dirt. 22 has mentioned countless times how useful those skills become in saving your a$$ on the street. Riding in the dirt forces you to either be uncomfortable on, or one with, the bike. I prefer the latter.

Aight, now go do a burnout!
Old 03-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Superstock

leaving sat. morning to pick up the rmz my riding started in the dirt untill I learned it was easier to chase girls in a car rather than a dirtbike then I found street bikes worked even better!! I know what you mean about a fitness plan birdoprey I rode the local orv trails on my cousins kfx 400 quad thursday and my poor back and shoulders hurt bad but what a workout hanging on I'll post up a few pics first of the week talk to you all soon