12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

OUCH!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Squid

vtrstunta
OUCH!

well...no more vtrstunting for me! looped the bike last week. (loop=doing a wheelie and came back too far). major damage includes : dented gas tank, broke the left handle bar clean off, bent both forks, in opposite directions, broke the (stock) rear set, and punctured the right side engine case. there is a before picture of the bike.... then a bunch of after, and yes, those are my knees.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Squid

vtrstunta
Re: OUCH!

so where was the eject button when i needed it?
Old 04-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Squid

vtrstunta

ouch.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:24 AM
Squid

vtrstunta

i skinned my knee.
luckily, my girlfriend takes care of me. (ie:she gets to be on top for a while)
Old 04-08-2006, 08:22 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
1st question, if your going stunting why didn't you have some knee prtection? 2nd question, now that you know what it feels like will you be wearing knee protection from now on? 3rd question did the lower make it through ok and how much for it?

Seriously, I'm glad you're relatively ok and if you do the street fighter thing I've go a zx12 front end I'd sell you cheap. Forks, triples, bars, calipers, brake lines, fender all you would need to buy is a front wheel, axle and some mounting bolts.

Oh and I think Loco could help you with a lot of Superhawk parts.:wink:
Old 04-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Squid

vtrstunta

i looped it at about 60 on the street as i was coming home from work. i wasnt out specifically stunting so i didnt have any protection except for my jacket and helmet. but when i am out just stunting i wear some knee protection.
it'll be a while before i can do anything with this bike...it's just sitting in my garage right now. all i had on it was liability so...im kinda screwed. i'm thinking of getting a 929 in the mean time, while i fix the hawk, cuz it'll be a while before it's running with all the mod's im thinking of doing. (hopefully, probably, i didnt crack or bend the frame!)
Old 04-08-2006, 12:05 PM
Squid

vtrstunta

oh yea...the lower was in pretty bad shape, plus it's already sold... sorry super
Old 04-08-2006, 02:34 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's like sex...always wear your protection....but everybody gets caught without a rainhat every once and a while. :wink: Heal up and if you get ready to do the street fighter thing let me know if you're interested in the front end. I'm open to offers as it's just sitting in my garage as an abandon project.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about the stunt-gone-wrong. I say, streetfighter it!

Oh, and your GF doesn't have to be on top. Hit it from the back!
Old 04-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Squid

vtrstunta

ha! true...but might as well enjoy her doing all the work while i can, right?
ill let all you guys know about the project, whenever i am able to start it... as of today i still owe something like $1900 on the bike loan! so gonna get that paid off, then start getting parts together (ie:entire front end, single sided swingarm, new radiator to go underneath seat, some sort of custom exhaust, new close ratio transmission, new and probably oversized pistons, rear sets, gas tank) but it probably wont be for a few month before i get started.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:10 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road

Glad to hear you're OK for the most part besides some skinned knees... protection is always a good thing even if your just going for a short ride, you never know what can happen.

Rick B
02 SH
Old 04-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Superstock

Sgt Rock is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear your Ok. I would make it into a streetfighter
Old 04-08-2006, 06:32 PM
SuperSport

Loco
Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot
It's like sex...always wear your protection....but everybody gets caught without a rainhat every once and a while. :wink: Heal up and if you get ready to do the street fighter thing let me know if you're interested in the front end. I'm open to offers as it's just sitting in my garage as an abandon project.
Ive never had sex like that before.

Stunta: I have all your replacement parts here at my place if you are interested in fixing it up to a ridable form. Email me at Lftopletz@terracon.com and we can work out a list.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:52 PM
Superstock

BirdofParadise is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Loco";p=&quot
Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot

Ive never had sex like that before.
You obviously never done a carpet race.
Quickies on the carpet can be rough on the knees.
Always wear the proper riding gear...knees and head :wink:

Good luck on the "street fighter"
Old 04-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Squid

vtrstunta

so this is why i am always gonna ride red, (well, except for the gasgas trials bike i am going to get pretty soon): as i said, i punctured the right side engine case, and while it was sliding/laying on the ground in the wreck, i would say about 2 quarts of oil leaked out. today, in the state you see it in, it still started no problem, no gas, choke, hit the starter for about a second and it ran. no smoke, nothing.... i only let it run for about 10 seconds, but damn! amazing work those honda people do... i dont have any personal experience, but i know a lot of people with slowzukis, yamahas, harleys, kans, duc's and whatever... but i know all those bikes could not handle the abuse i gave/give my honda.
i like the way john britten thought of a motorcycle: he abused them... thought a motorcycle is just a tool, and definitely not to be respected. he supposedly never let them warm up and always beat the **** out of them, and if they didnt break, great. if they did break, then he would find out why, and incorporate the fix into the plans for his v1000... his memory still lives on with me, and i will still abuse anything mechanical!
summary: RIDE RED (and if i could, i would ride britten too...if they werent forth as much as they were and only what.. like ten of them were made?)