General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

nitrus VTR

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 07:31 PM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
nitrus VTR

christine the nitrus huffing VTR, cafe or street fighter?

Christine - The Nitros Huffing Honda VTR1000F - Silodrome
Old 03-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Thats the Dunstall VTR
Click here
Old 03-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
To each his own.... Happy the owner likes the build. To me it reminds me of a child's erector set and appears just as well finished.

I rarely like "Street Fighter" builds, as to me they scream..I wrecked my bike and I cant afford to fix it.....and or.. I bought a wrecked bike and want to pass on junk to you.

There have been a few builds here in this forum that truly represented a quality and "Finished "
look. Very impressive build. Even if not my preferred style, they still look completed and well built.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:04 AM
European Member
Back Marker

RoadManiac is on a distinguished road
Does scare me a bit though
if you read the article he had a Lithium battery catch fire between his legs
due to a overheated voltage regulator
he replaced it with a MOSFET and battery cooling
He is talking about the Regulator/Rectifer right ?
i just orderd some A123 Lifepo4 battery cells
so i am thinking about a temp gauge for both the R/R and the battery

as for the build personally it doesnt do it for me but if i had to put a name to it.... a steampunk racer/fighter
Old 03-07-2014, 09:05 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CruxGNZ
Thats the Dunstall VTR
Click here
I knew I had seen this bike before....but coudn't figure out where.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:30 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
It wasn't really due to an overheated voltage regulator IIRC... it was a combination of that and poor cell internal structure on his turntech battery (which they had allegedly fixed afterwards). A123 cells won't have that problem as they are pretty well isolated from each other. Battery cooling just sounds like a band-aid. It shouldn't really be used to prevent catastrophic fire on a vehicle...

Having a Mosfet regulator is a great idea with any system, regardless of battery type.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 7moore7
...band-aid.
If your battery is getting hot enough to require cooling, your problem lies elswhere.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:21 AM
European Member
Back Marker

RoadManiac is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 7moore7
It wasn't really due to an overheated voltage regulator IIRC... it was a combination of that and poor cell internal structure on his turntech battery (which they had allegedly fixed afterwards). A123 cells won't have that problem as they are pretty well isolated from each other. Battery cooling just sounds like a band-aid. It shouldn't really be used to prevent catastrophic fire on a vehicle...

Having a Mosfet regulator is a great idea with any system, regardless of battery type.
Ive noticed when i put my Lifepo4 battery pack wich is meant for my GSXR 750
it does start but it does warm up quite abit this is because the peak power of this battery is not so high as say the A123 cells or some normal Lithium polymer batts.

as i also race electrical R/C cars i know my way around a lithium battery
i made a 4 cell pack for my GSXR out of these
Turnigy 4500mAh 2S2P 30C LiFePo4 Pack

they have 30C of amps constant and 40C Burst or peak power

As for the A123 Cells are 30C constant power and 60C peak but some sites tell otherwise that is much more

but as Lifepo4 are supposed to be built for stability for use in transmitters and recievers they don't like huge draws or current...
unlike Lipo's when properly handled and charged they can have peak power over 130C
but in the hand off rednecks (check youtube) Lipo in particulary can be like oxy acetyleen torches and ive seen R/C cars melt into nothing more then a bunch of plastic and aluminium.
to sum up Lithium is not to be messed with
Old 03-07-2014, 11:38 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
As far as I've seen, most fear of LiFePo4 battery technology is based off of disasters with other lithium formulas. They are incredibly stable. They will not start on fire like cell phones. They have super long shelf life. They don't need (or want) to have a battery tender. They can discharge a much higher percentage of their Ah than led-acid (so you need less Ah to do the same job). The only think I wouldn't use them for is long slow draw or full drain situations. IMO they are the bees knees of modern batteries and I use them for everything.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:21 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by E.Marquez
To each his own.... Happy the owner likes the build. To me it reminds me of a child's erector set and appears just as well finished.

I rarely like "Street Fighter" builds, as to me they scream..I wrecked my bike and I cant afford to fix it.....and or.. I bought a wrecked bike and want to pass on junk to you.

There have been a few builds here in this forum that truly represented a quality and "Finished "
look. Very impressive build. Even if not my preferred style, they still look completed and well built.
I kinda like the look, gritty. Not my taste but an interesting build. Reminds me a bit of Shinya Kimura, Shinya Kimura | Zen Garage
Old 03-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Superstock

FTL900 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez

I rarely like "Street Fighter" builds, as to me they scream..I wrecked my bike and I cant afford to fix it.....and or.. I bought a wrecked bike and want to pass on junk to you.,.
It looks like something out of the Transformers movie... I kept waiting for it to stand up and start talking trash.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:12 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by FTL900
It looks like something out of the Transformers movie... I kept waiting for it to stand up and start talking trash.
I could just hear it now, a gritty transformer VTR talking in a squeaky voice from huffing nitrus! Kinda hard to take serious.