General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New member.. picked up an 05 Hawk yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 06:52 AM
Squid

sorny is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 7moore7
That's part of the problem with gauges and especially digital ones. If they were to just put a "overheating" light and an automatic shut down, people would get way less stressed about it. My VLX/Shadow was like your other bikes. It's harder to diagnose and fine tune that way, but there's something to be said for "out of site/ out of mind". Didn't even think about temperature on that bike.

I'm not sure that those were the exact temp ranges, but I've had my bike up to 235*F before (long story). 218 is getting up there, but for a hot day sitting in traffic it's not out of the norm!
Ha, yeah you make a good point. On my other bike, an old air cooled 1100 4 cylinder, it may have been running even hotter and I never would've known. but when I saw 200+ temps I was trying to think back to the cars I've had with a gauge and was thinking 200+ was getting pretty hot so I got scared. Especially when the fans weren't kicking on, I was about to start checking fuses.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:05 PM
SuperSport

jerryh is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=sorny;357059]lol, you're the guy I was thinking of that was in East TN. You mentioned the SH that Honda of Knoxville had for sale. I saw that bike on their site and almost went to look at it. Low miles and super clean.

But anyways, nice try on the rims lol. I like the bright blue and silver combo and the guy who had the bike before me had repainted the frame and engine with a nice silver paint so it's all bright and silver as well. But hey we should go riding some time if you're close to Knoxville (I'm an hour North in Oneida but go to Knoxville often)... just don't steal my rims

I don't mind it because the bike sounds so mean but it kinda irks me a little bit. If I had to buy a $500 pair of slipons to fix it then I'd live with it but if the PAIR mod is so easy I'll try it. I like exhaust to be smooth and mellow and the popping is starting to get to me. To fix it I just grab some throttle and that clears it right up though [/QUOT

My bikes Honda Wings on the tank are Silver and yours.......aren't. B-)
Old 06-14-2013, 07:38 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by jerryh
My bikes Honda Wings on the tank are Silver and yours.......aren't. B-)
And checkmate.

Am I the only person that looks at a new (to me) vehicle and doesn't notice certain things for a few days? When I bought my CBR my eyeballs were so flooded with yellow and black colors that it took me like a WEEK to realize that the fairing on the kickstand side was solid black and not yellow/black. Anyways, while changing the oil today I realized that the rims were actually black and just painted silver because it was done kinda half ***. Not a totally awful job because it's not peeling off but there's some small spots that you can see black shine through. Oh well. I also didn't realize that the motor was painted silver too.

Anyways, you probably probably don't want to trade rims now Still need to ride sometime though since you're nearby.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:01 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by sorny
And checkmate.

Am I the only person that looks at a new (to me) vehicle and doesn't notice certain things for a few days? When I bought my CBR my eyeballs were so flooded with yellow and black colors that it took me like a WEEK to realize that the fairing on the kickstand side was solid black and not yellow/black. Anyways, while changing the oil today I realized that the rims were actually black and just painted silver because it was done kinda half ***. Not a totally awful job because it's not peeling off but there's some small spots that you can see black shine through. Oh well. I also didn't realize that the motor was painted silver too.

Anyways, you probably probably don't want to trade rims now Still need to ride sometime though since you're nearby.
Text me 865-964-1145 Im thinking of polishing the lips om rims. Your bike looks sharp. scratched my cowl 3 freakn times
Old 06-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by jerryh
Text me 865-964-1145 Im thinking of polishing the lips om rims. Your bike looks sharp. scratched my cowl 3 freakn times
Thanks man. I'll save your number in my phone and text you... maybe we can go riding some weekend. Where are you at in East TN exactly?

Here's another pic.. a little "sportier" looking. Looks nice, I agree... of course there's some flaws close up but looks nice still...best looking bike I've had in a looooooong time (ever probably). I love it. Wish I could take the summer off work and just ride every day instead of riding 2-3 miles to work and back at best but I'm lucky to be able to do that I guess.

Name:  5llzl4E.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  51.1 KB
Old 06-17-2013, 02:04 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by sorny
Thanks man. I'll save your number in my phone and text you... maybe we can go riding some weekend. Where are you at in East TN exactly?
Great pic! Outside of Lenior City

Here's another pic.. a little "sportier" looking. Looks nice, I agree... of course there's some flaws close up but looks nice still...best looking bike I've had in a looooooong time (ever probably). I love it. Wish I could take the summer off work and just ride every day instead of riding 2-3 miles to work and back at best but I'm lucky to be able to do that I guess.