General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Squid

Dino1 is on a distinguished road

I have been lurking this site for a couple of weeks anticipating the purchase of a Super Hawk.
I took one in partial trade for an SS Camaro that I had for sale.
Bike is in mint condition, I was surprised at what it looked like, literally showroom condition, their is not a scratch or stone chip on it. Super clean as well.
PO put new Michelin Pilots on it, with new chain and sprockets just before I took possession of it. It only has 17,000 miles, not bad for a 2004 model.
I have only rode the bike for a couple of miles, due to weather here in NE Ohio. But I can tell you this thing has power and torque. Po had it dyno'd and it laid down a 105 HP number, not sure if that is good for them. But that was the number I was told.
Modifications are the basic big 3, air box, jetting and pipes.
Basically K&N filter, who knows what jetting, and Yoshi pipes.
Not going to question the tune at this time, it starts up, idles, and seems to have no flat spots. But getting further into it I might find something different.
This forum seem good, and so do the folks that participate. most seem very knowledgeable about what they post. My only complaint is that I seem to spend more time watching pop up ads than I do reading on the forum. This is a big turn off, I know they have to pay the bills, but this site is excess with them.
Attached Thumbnails New Member-100_3216-medium-.jpg   New Member-100_3215-medium-.jpg  
Old 12-02-2014, 06:11 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dino1
I have been lurking this site for a couple of weeks anticipating the purchase of a Super Hawk.
I took one in partial trade for an SS Camaro that I had for sale.
Bike is in mint condition, I was surprised at what it looked like, literally showroom condition, their is not a scratch or stone chip on it. Super clean as well.
PO put new Michelin Pilots on it, with new chain and sprockets just before I took possession of it. It only has 17,000 miles, not bad for a 2004 model.
I have only rode the bike for a couple of miles, due to weather here in NE Ohio. But I can tell you this thing has power and torque. Po had it dyno'd and it laid down a 105 HP number, not sure if that is good for them. But that was the number I was told.
Modifications are the basic big 3, air box, jetting and pipes.
Basically K&N filter, who knows what jetting, and Yoshi pipes.
Not going to question the tune at this time, it starts up, idles, and seems to have no flat spots. But getting further into it I might find something different.
This forum seem good, and so do the folks that participate. most seem very knowledgeable about what they post. My only complaint is that I seem to spend more time watching pop up ads than I do reading on the forum. This is a big turn off, I know they have to pay the bills, but this site is excess with them.
Nice clean bike. Whadja pay? What ads are you talking about? I don't see any.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:42 PM
über-n00b
Superstock

Spoot is on a distinguished road
welcome.
sharp lookin bike!
Old 12-02-2014, 06:48 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

thedeatons is on a distinguished road
The constant terribleness of ads when viewing this site on an iPhone... It's wretched.

That bike is beautiful! I see the frame and swingarm in a black powdercoat

Welcome! You'll learn a lot here if you search. Enjoy!

James

Last edited by thedeatons; 12-02-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:05 AM
Squid

dirty_! is on a distinguished road
nice
Old 12-03-2014, 11:37 AM
SuperSport

98VTRrider is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard...I was spoiled as this was my first forum I really participated in, it's the best forum I'm a part of, the members here are mostly regulars, very knowledgable and helpful. Because it's a "cult following"/unknown sort of bike everyone here is a team, compared to if you join a CBR forum or something with a million members in and out all the time.

Was black an original color for 2004? I always thought 1999 was the only year Black was offered...that and I've never seen the silver Superhawk logo with Bronze 996 to match the wheels....maybe I'm just not up on my newer model color schemes. The Black '99 VTR I owned had Red logos.

When browsing with my Iphone on Superhawkforum.com it always says "We now offer a mobile theme. Click OK to view it".....I always click cancel and just view the website in the normal mode, I never get pop-up adds.

Last edited by 98VTRrider; 12-03-2014 at 11:41 AM. Reason: addition
Old 12-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by 98VTRrider
Welcome aboard...I was spoiled as this was my first forum I really participated in, it's the best forum I'm a part of, the members here are mostly regulars, very knowledgable and helpful. Because it's a "cult following"/unknown sort of bike everyone here is a team, compared to if you join a CBR forum or something with a million members in and out all the time.

Was black an original color for 2004? I always thought 1999 was the only year Black was offered...that and I've never seen the silver Superhawk logo with Bronze 996 to match the wheels....maybe I'm just not up on my newer model color schemes. The Black '99 VTR I owned had Red logos.

When browsing with my Iphone on Superhawkforum.com it always says "We now offer a mobile theme. Click OK to view it".....I always click cancel and just view the website in the normal mode, I never get pop-up adds.

Another question I have is it common for the lower fork tubes to be the same color as the engine side cases, they to are a gold, bronze color?

Black is the original color, was told that it was a limited edition bike. I searched the internet trying to find a picture of another one with no avail.
Bike is absolutely stunning, not a mark, stone chip, or mar nowhere. Looks just like it rolled off the showroom floor.
The Black and gold has a classy look to it.
The guy I acquired it from had three other VTR's before this one and seemed very knowledgeable about them.
It definitely runs strong, and is a looker.

As for the price previously asked 3K.

Last edited by Dino1; 12-03-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:40 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Very nice Hawk! Welcome to the forum. Mine did a 108 on the roller a few years ago, so 105 is within average.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Please note: for you SuperHawk newbies, that's 108 yellow SuperHawk HP. Those are stronger and last longer than standard (or sub-standard red) SuperHawk HP.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:39 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Flat black was a late model option, at least here in the UK. Not a 'limited edition' as such. Yours seems a bit more glossy and had had the wheels repainted. Looks good.

105bhp is about par - to get more horsies you'll need to throw time and money at it. Just sort out the imploding CCTs with manuals and you'll have a good 'un.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by Wicky
Flat black was a late model option, at least here in the UK. Not a 'limited edition' as such. Yours seems a bit more glossy and had had the wheels repainted. Looks good.

105bhp is about par - to get more horsies you'll need to throw time and money at it. Just sort out the imploding CCTs with manuals and you'll have a good 'un.

Bike is gloss black, and the wheels are not repainted. They are anodized gold. All the nuts, bolts and screws on this thing look as the day new.
This is how I know it has not been apart, non of them have any marring on them from a wrench or screwdriver. The obvious ones are the tank bolts, the tank has been removed. Front and rear wheels as well. You would have to see it in person to know what I am saying.
Have you ever seen another one with the gold 996 decal and gold wheels? I promise you this is factory.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:03 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
I've seen this color scheme before but don't remember the lower chin being black as well.

new_vehicle_color

Last edited by Wolverine; 12-03-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by Wolverine
I've seen this color scheme before but don't remember the lower chin being black as well.

Lower chin was painted black on mine, not factory.

new_vehicle_color
Old 12-04-2014, 08:12 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
That was the only color available in the US that year. And I doubt the wheels are anodized.
I'm pretty sure it's just paint.
Looks nice--like the old JPS Lotus.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by killer5280
That was the only color available in the US that year. And I doubt the wheels are anodized.
I'm pretty sure it's just paint.
Looks nice--like the old JPS Lotus.
Yes and Yes

Nice bike... many miles of smiles ahead
Old 12-04-2014, 10:21 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the forum, nice bike!
Old 12-04-2014, 03:03 PM
Squid

SloBlue is on a distinguished road
I'm sitting at work, looking at your nice, clean superhawk. Unless you feel the need to go two hundred miles an hour, that's probably the best road bike you ever ride. I can hear mine calling from home in the garage saying ,"let's go ride!"
Old 12-04-2014, 04:57 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I dont want to say nothin' but this is easily the best forum worldwide. Oh and the hawk is the best bike. You don't have to be embarassed about that other bike you have in the pic. You have seen the light and are here now so thats enuff.

Good riding to you. Just be aware that this ripstompin vee twin will throw you violently skyward if you get gutsy with the throttle. (unlike your other twin which wont).
Old 12-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Back Marker

Badboy01 is on a distinguished road
Very clean Hawk Dino1. You'll have tons of fun with this one! Ask the previous PO if the CCT's were already updated along with R/R. Looks like this was lovingly cared for by a serious Super-hawk owner. Listen to forum and you won't go wrong. Welcome...
Old 12-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Squid

What's wrong with this bike, it is a great two up cruiser for the wife and I when we go on the weekend trips to Amish country. Has lots of room for our luggage, great power being a 1500cc bike, shaft drive and smooth as silk on the road. Nobody has ever given me negative feedback about that bike.
It is a very rare and hard to find breed, only 9000 units made world wide over a six year period. They only made it two years with the blackout package. That bike is a 2000 year model with only 19000 miles and is in better condition than the Superhawk. I turned down a 7K offer a month ago for it. That's my cruiser, the Hawk is my street warrior. I might as well glue the rear seat cover down, the wife will never get on the back of it. Kinda nice having a one up street warrior.
Attached Thumbnails New Member-100_1870-medium-.jpg  
Old 12-05-2014, 03:51 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

thedeatons is on a distinguished road
Nice and clean, and obviously rare. Enjoy.

Let us know when you want the Superhawk faster and louder

James
Old 12-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dino1
What's wrong with this bike, it is a great two up cruiser for the wife and I when we go on the weekend trips to Amish country. Has lots of room for our luggage, great power being a 1500cc bike, shaft drive and smooth as silk on the road...

....It is a very rare and hard to find breed, only 9000 units made world wide over a six year period. They only made it two years with the blackout package. That bike is a 2000 year model with only 19000 miles and is in better condition than the Superhawk.
I like your cruiser but I am unfamiliar with these. What is it?
Old 12-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Squid

Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Drifter.
Modeled after the Indian Chieftain.
The Rear fender travels with the rear wheel just like the original Indian.
It is indeed a very rare and collectable bike.
This one is totally custom with the tour pack and fairing. And the paint job is nothing short of spectacular.
You can ride this thing for hours and not get wore out.