General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New Jardine hi-mounts...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:43 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
New Jardine hi-mounts...

Sound louder & deeper; these are the street cores... sound good, but not at all offensive. Heck of a lot better than my old drilled out stock ones.

I now feel VERY visible when ticking along at 4-5k rpm. No longer a "stealth" bike!
Old 01-10-2007, 04:59 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
My set is sitting in the corner waiting for the front end to get finished. It looks like you do not have the passenger pegs in place. I understood that this set would accomodate the passenger pegs. Did you just choose not to put them on or am I mistaken? Can you post the picture in the gallery so it's bigger? They look good but I would like to see more detail. My set came from AZpowersellers - yours too? $414 is the best yet and NOBODY has matched it!
Old 01-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Superstock

sprhawk neil is an unknown quantity at this point
looks great did you jet it or does it run fine? I just installed new pipes but winter is upon us here in MI. just wanted to know what to expect
Old 01-11-2007, 10:09 AM
SuperBike

Yeah, they came with some nice billet aluminum spacers & SS bolts, but i never ride 2 up anymore so i didn't need 'em... plus i like the cleaner look.Got mine @ starcycle.com for $399+20 or so for shipping... your deal was a little better.I'll see if i can't post something bigger in the gallery tonight.Far as jetting...i didn't, but they're the street cores and it runs fine w/ no issues at all.I measured the exhaust outlet on the stock can & it is 1 inch in diameter... the new one's are almost 2 inches, so it's got to be flowing better.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:24 PM
MotoGP

No ****? That's great news! I haven't even opened the box. My bike was jetted for the TBR setup and when that blew up the PO went back to stock cans. I think I'll be OK on the jetting as well. A lot is going to happen this weekend now that I have the forks back. I'm going to try to assemble the front this weekend and do the sprocket. Then I can lift the *** end and get the wheel off for the shock installation. I agree about the clean look. I even worked for a while on trying mini-can designs so that the rear of the bike would not be obscured by any kind of pipes. I think it would be cool just to have the tire and the swing arm back there without all the other stuff. I'm going to take a picture of mine while all the stuff is off and see what I can figure out.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:21 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by nuhawk
I agree about the clean look. I even worked for a while on trying mini-can designs so that the rear of the bike would not be obscured by any kind of pipes. I think it would be cool just to have the tire and the swing arm back there without all the other stuff.
Well not THAT clean! I love the dual exhaust & i like the large ovals... but that's just me.

I uploaded some larger pics to the gallery. Just changed the oil & filter & haven't put the chin fairing back on yet tho'.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:33 PM
MotoGP

New avatar too??!! That's cool!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:17 AM
SuperBike

Yeah, that pic was taken at VIR last July. Did some editing & it came out pretty good... but it was seriously cropped... so it only looks good in small size.I'll try to post a bit bigger version to the gallery tonight.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Squid

Fireboy121 is on a distinguished road
Any ideas how they compare with Microns?? Just wondering... I haven't decided what i'm putting on mine yet.... Thanks guys
Old 01-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Squid

Fireboy121 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nuhawk
My set is sitting in the corner waiting for the front end to get finished. It looks like you do not have the passenger pegs in place. I understood that this set would accomodate the passenger pegs. Did you just choose not to put them on or am I mistaken? Can you post the picture in the gallery so it's bigger? They look good but I would like to see more detail. My set came from AZpowersellers - yours too? $414 is the best yet and NOBODY has matched it!
Is AZpowersellers ebay?? - thanks
Old 01-20-2007, 04:02 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by L8RGYZ
... could be a little louder & deeper, but these are the street cores after all... sound good & not offensive. Heck of a lot better than my old drilled out stock ones.
Hey guys i have had my Jardine high mounts for about four years now with street baffles. They will get louder as the packing burns out. No real loud like D&D pipes, but a nice tone.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:39 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by Thumper
Hey guys i have had my Jardine high mounts for about four years now with street baffles. They will get louder as the packing burns out. No real loud like D&D pipes, but a nice tone.
Funny you should mention that... i was thinking mine sounded louder after putting a few hundred mile on them!