General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New Hawk Owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Squid

jmurph648 is on a distinguished road
Talking New Hawk Owner

Hey ,

Just picked up an 01 Hawk with 13800 miles on her and was going to have the cct's changed out. When I go to the dealer am I just asking for the cct's or are there any other parts that i would need.. thanks in advance...
Old 08-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Superstock

KCCO is on a distinguished road
It would be reccomend to have manual CCTs installed (or install yourself) and if they (you) have the top end off you might as well check valves the valves and carbs (to see what is in there, and possibly change to follow the carb set up thread). Not engine related but R/R are recommended to be replaced too. Look at the stickys under general discussion and general tech. Lastly welcome to the forum and the addiction. Ride safe and have fun.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Just like Mr. Chive said, two things.

1. Change the R/R (Regulator/Rectifier) to a mosfet one. Read the Knowledge Base

2. Switch to manual CCT's (Cam Chain Tensioner), or if you want to keep the stock CCT's, I would highly recommend doing the Stopper Mod. These are interference engines, meaning the valves will contact the pistons if the internals aren't timed correctly.

Otherwise, do routine maitenence and ride safe!

Last edited by CruxGNZ; 08-14-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-14-2013, 10:07 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Welcome on board, I would not rush to the dealer, not in the greater Boston area..
Most likely you will not get much of a professional help on this specific bike, I would consider to do it yourself if you have at list a bit of mechanical inclination, not to mention they will charge you arm and a leg and will hold your bike for a very long time.
My suggestion is do some more reading before you going to spend tons of money.

BTW, any pictures?

Cheers
Old 08-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Squid

Hey,

Thanks for the replies fellas. My buddy is a master level 3 Ducati tech who works on my bikes in his garage for short money and conversation. His Duc dealership got swallowed up by a Honda / Suzuki dealership so he has some Honda experience and he gets a discount on parts... I'm picking up the bike on Sunday hopefully so ill post some pics then. I had a 99 10yrs ago and really missed it.. I've had almost every vtwin sports bike since.. Ducati 996 and 999, an aprilia rsvr, an 06 rc51 etc.. Anyway I've come full circle and I hope the hawk is all I remember it to be... Ride safe.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:52 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
You definitely have had some nice bikes! Just like we all have found here, that the Superhawk/Firestorm is just an all around motorcycle and is the most fun to ride. For manual CCT's and PAIR block off plates, click on the links in my signature. Superdutyd parts are awesome and you would also be buying from one of our forum members.

Last edited by CruxGNZ; 08-14-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:47 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by jmurph648
Hey,

Thanks for the replies fellas. My buddy is a master level 3 Ducati tech who works on my bikes in his garage for short money and conversation. His Duc dealership got swallowed up by a Honda / Suzuki dealership so he has some Honda experience and he gets a discount on parts... I'm picking up the bike on Sunday hopefully so ill post some pics then. I had a 99 10yrs ago and really missed it.. I've had almost every vtwin sports bike since.. Ducati 996 and 999, an aprilia rsvr, an 06 rc51 etc.. Anyway I've come full circle and I hope the hawk is all I remember it to be... Ride safe.
If your friend is a Ducati master, then the Hawk should be a piece of cake for him is he in Cycle 128?
Old 08-15-2013, 07:23 AM
Squid

Hey,

Yeah my buddy Paul works at 128. He used to be the head tech at eastern cycle ducati in Beverly. I'm dropping the bike off with him on sunday. Hopefully it makes it the 80 miles from NH without exploding...lol. He was a little mad that I sold my 996 last month but A guy offered me almost a grand more than I paid so.... I've come full circle...
Old 08-15-2013, 08:02 PM
SuperBike

Hey,

Yeah my buddy Paul works at 128. He used to be the head tech at eastern cycle ducati in Beverly. I'm dropping the bike off with him on sunday. Hopefully it makes it the 80 miles from NH without exploding...lol. He was a little mad that I sold my 996 last month but A guy offered me almost a grand more than I paid so.... I've come full circle...
Well, at list you will enjoy a smoother and more comfi' ride
Old 08-16-2013, 07:52 AM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
And no clutch sounding like the engine is about to grenade Whats that ducati shirt say? "loud clutches save lives" or something alike

Hey you wouldn't used to have belonged to the YZF forum did you? Used to talk to a Jmurphy there all the time but lost contact a few years ago
Old 08-16-2013, 09:43 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by insulinboy
And no clutch sounding like the engine is about to grenade Whats that ducati shirt say? "loud clutches save lives" or something alike

Hey you wouldn't used to have belonged to the YZF forum did you? Used to talk to a Jmurphy there all the time but lost contact a few years ago
Like this?
Old 08-16-2013, 10:13 AM
Squid

Hahahahahahahah....

Nice video... I actually liked the sound of the dry clutch. Maybe I'll install the tambourine to fill the noise void..lol. Anyway, thanks for all the replies. NH, where do u live in mass? Maybe we could hook up for a ride once I get this thing sorted...
Old 08-16-2013, 10:29 AM
SuperBike

Hahahahahahahah....

Nice video... I actually liked the sound of the dry clutch. Maybe I'll install the tambourine to fill the noise void..lol. Anyway, thanks for all the replies. NH, where do u live in mass? Maybe we could hook up for a ride once I get this thing sorted...
Sent you PM
Old 09-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Squid

Got her back last week after my buddy squared it away... loving it so far.. forgot how thirsty these damn carbs are though...lol
Attached Thumbnails New Hawk Owner-20130909_121018.jpg