General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

need ideas....dont freak out

Old 03-18-2010, 07:25 AM
Squid

superhawkblonde is on a distinguished road
need ideas....dont freak out

ok guys here it is. I bought another bike, no worries I still have my hawk and always will, its my first love. However since my hawk is all done the devil finds work for idle hands and since I dont have a man that can play fair I figured I need to get another project to work on beofre I got myself into trouble. So, I bought a wrecked 04 cbr 600rr. Everything is in great shape...that is excpet for the right side. He trashed it. 16 years old and trying stuff he wasnt prepaired nor able to do. 6000 miles on it, and snaged it for 2100. Ill prob be able to fix it for less than 600. My question is this...I hate plastic welding. Its a pain in the ***. So with that being said can you use fiberglass resin on abs plastic and it hold? He punched a pretty good hole in the tank cover and if I dont have to buy another one Id like to not. Plus id like to try my hand at fiberglass. Dont want to waste my money if it wont work though. Any sugesstions? Thanks fellas
Old 03-18-2010, 07:41 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
If you don't want to use plastic welder or low temp soldering iron, I would look into chemical welding. http://www.plasticweldingandtools.co...adhesives.html

Fiber-glassing the back has been done in years past, but it will never be quite right and the epoxy and glass can peel away from the back.

Of course the best solution is to move to Phoenix so that you can meet a good man like me. ;-)
Old 03-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Squid

lanz
hmmm..chem welding. Interesting idea. I just might try my hand at that too. Not to sure it would work though since its more of a hole that an crack. As for moving out to Phoenix...funny you should say that. I have be going on a business trip soon and if its a nice as I hear you never know. Last guy I tried dating was jealous of my bike and made a comment to effect of " You enjoy riding your bike more than me" So I said "well duh, I cant ride you in public" I was just trying to be funny and he acted like an *** about it so...curb time for him.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superhawkblonde
lanz
hmmm..chem welding. Interesting idea. I just might try my hand at that too. Not to sure it would work though since its more of a hole that an crack. As for moving out to Phoenix...funny you should say that. I have be going on a business trip soon and if its a nice as I hear you never know. Last guy I tried dating was jealous of my bike and made a comment to effect of " You enjoy riding your bike more than me" So I said "well duh, I cant ride you in public" I was just trying to be funny and he acted like an *** about it so...curb time for him.
My response to that would probably be, "Why not?"...

My gf says I need to work on my brain-> mouth filter... I wonder what she means by that?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:20 AM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess my response would be - I don't ride my bike in public either. Riding in town sucks.

It does create good mental imagery though...

If you want the tank to look good, I would suggest finding a used tank cover, rather than repairing it. A crack is one thing - a hole would be more trouble than it's worth and you would probably be disappointed in the end result.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Squid

haha mouth filter...I like that one. I mean seriously come on. Theres nothing better than riding...that is excpet for sex and its only better if you have a partener who knows what the hell their doing. ROFLMAO now if maybe I had tried to do both at the same time we wouldnt be having this conversation. I was figuring there wasnt much I was going to do about that hole. I have found some pretty good deals ebay right now for tank covers so maybe ill just do the chem welds on the little cracks and find another tank cover.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:35 AM
SuperSport

residentg is on a distinguished road
baggster makes full tank covers:

http://www.rideaddict.com/bagstertankprotectors.aspx

I have one for my interceptor, exceptional quality, a bit ugly, but beats a hole in the tank.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Squid

thanks for the info, ill check em out