General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

My SuperHawk.....SOLD!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator
Back Marker

mamisano is an unknown quantity at this point
My SuperHawk.....SOLD!

Well, I am very sad to say that I have sold off my SuperHawk. It was a beloved relationship that lasted 3 fine years and came to an end thanks to EBAY.

My situation in life has changed. In those 3 years I was married, purchased a Home, and will soon be working from my home office. With the SH mainly being a commuter bike (with occassional weekend jaunts), some bills that I would like to pay off, projects at home, and the desire to spend more time with my wife, the SH no longer fit into the equation.

I am also sure that a mid-speed low-side in early September contributed to my decision and to deny that would be to lie to myself.

So, for now, I will concentrate on my Family Life, Home, Career and other hobbies until I possibly decide to persue riding once more.

In closing, this site will in no way be affected by this decision. In fact, I have though about upgrading the hardware once I get some money together and also adding some new content. Seriously, I change my hardware around almost as much as I change my underwear . Look for an AMD Athlon 64 with Windows 2003 64-bit in the near future. Seems that since I moved away from the old Dual Athlon server to Intel ( P4-3.0 then Dual P3-800) that performance has suffered.

Later
Old 10-12-2004, 01:25 PM
Squid

redsuperhawk
Sorry to hear about your decision... but if you're happy about it that's all that matters!

So good luck with your career, family, home, etc.

Quick question though, did the 929 master cylinder in your sig make a big difference in braking?

Jeff
redsuperhawk
Old 10-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
Sorry to hear about your decision as well. I recently went through alot of the same within the last 2 years (except the crash thing).
I actually sold my previous bike to help buy the house. But once I got the house and the new found home projects complete, I had the itch to ride again. Which lead me to my beloved superhawk.

I want to wish you good luck with everything and just say that without you this site would not exist. You have done all superhawk owners a great service by putting this site together and keeping it running.
So on behalf of everyone on this board I would just like to say Thank You & Best Wishes!

Chris
Old 10-12-2004, 09:20 PM
Squid

uberhawk
Re: My SuperHawk.....SOLD!

Michael,

Sorry to hear about the bump in the road. I've recently done a bit of rethinking of priorities myself. Sold TrackLeather, sold the track bike, thinking of selling the VTR as well, but haven't really decided.

Anyway, enjoy the kids, I know I enjoy mine.

As to the next bike, two words. Mo tard.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:40 AM
Back Marker

Rollingalong

Michael

I'm 47 years old and been riding for 31 of those and can tell you I've quit riding forever twice now or was it three times ? LOL

It's in your blood now so just toss a buck in a shoe box 3 times a week because you will be riding again relativley soon I bet .

We humans have this memory thing going on . We might not remember who won the Superbowl last year but we are able to conjure up the exact exhaust note or induction wail of that bike 20 years back and that be but one part of the addiction we suffer .

BTW , thanks for this website
Old 10-13-2004, 05:07 PM
faz
Superstock

faz

It seems like you are a man who knows 'his' priorities, and that is very admirable.

I also admire your desire to keep this site going. It serves us all, may be not as much as it does you, and it is great to have it around.

I am sure you will probably come back to motorcycling in one way or antoher, when your priorities are adjusted again.

Good luck, and as always, great job with this site!

:thumbup (we need a thumbup smiley!)