Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

SOLD FULL Yoshimura Exhaust System SOLD

Old 01-20-2011, 07:10 PM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
SOLD FULL Yoshimura Exhaust System SOLD

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD - Thanks for looking!!!

Hey all,

I have a FULL Yoshimura exhaust system that's finally gotta go. This system includes a YOSHI header... which is different than the stocker... it's 2 piece and has a very different bend/routing in it. It also seems to be larger in diameter and lighter. The header is in good shape with a very small "dent/flat spot" in the front header tube, maybe the size of a nickel. There is also a small dent where it looks like the chain hit it (right below the chain of course!!!) I've included pics of these areas. Also note, this system uses the stock rear header tube... so you'll need that from your current system. (IE: not included.)

With this system are Carbon Yoshi cans (Oval shape). They are not the prettiest cans, one is missing the riveted tag, and they both have some marks, scratches, etc. from use. I can provide more pics if needed... but I'm being up front that they aren't pretty.

This setup is "low mount". You'll also need the exhaust can mount straps as somehow in my basement renovation I'm missing a bunch of things and these seem to be lost. You'll also need a few of the exhaust springs to hold everything together, I have 3, but you need 3 more.

This would be a perfect track system... gains in power and not worried about the look.

Looking to get $400 for the whole system shipped to you. (Continental US).

PM me if interested

J.
Attached Thumbnails SOLD FULL Yoshimura Exhaust System SOLD-full_system.jpg   SOLD FULL Yoshimura Exhaust System SOLD-yoshi_header.jpg   SOLD FULL Yoshimura Exhaust System SOLD-cans.jpg   SOLD FULL Yoshimura Exhaust System SOLD-header_dents.jpg   SOLD FULL Yoshimura Exhaust System SOLD-cans_front.jpg  

Last edited by SlowHAWK; 02-18-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:11 PM
SuperSport

More Pics
Attached Thumbnails SOLD FULL Yoshimura Exhaust System SOLD-cans_rear.jpg   SOLD FULL Yoshimura Exhaust System SOLD-inside_cans.jpg   SOLD FULL Yoshimura Exhaust System SOLD-mounted.jpg  
Old 01-20-2011, 09:26 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
A GREAT deal for someone!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:45 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
yeah thats a really good price, bump for you
Old 01-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Squid

OldGuy is on a distinguished road
Note that ALL parts for Yoshimura exhaust can be purchased separately, i.e. muffler straps w/rubber insulator, muffler sleeve (in carbon, titanium or polished aluminum), sleeve rivets, muffler nameplate with rivets, springs, etc.

If you do decide to re-sleeve the mufflers you might consider repacking them at the same time.

I recommend contacting Yoshimura directly, at least for part numbers (once you have part#s you could order them thru your dealer if you wish), as they are the experts on their own product. Another note: Yoshimura has changed their muffler nameplate design over the years; you may have to buy 2 to get them to match on each muffler; I believe the rivet hole locations have remained the same so the existing rivet holes line up but Yoshimura should be able to confirm or deny that.

Lastly, if someone buys this exhaust, don't forget to purchase 2 new exhaust port gaskets from Honda.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:30 AM
SuperSport

Thanks for the bumps fellas...

J.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:10 AM
MotoGP

I can't believe no one has jumped on this yet......
Old 01-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Squid

Gaggenau is on a distinguished road
Such a awsome find to be had, but im in the UK, postage and then import tax (if it got found out) would kill the deal , someone in the US is gona be a lucky person
Old 01-21-2011, 09:31 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by mikstr
I can't believe no one has jumped on this yet......
I figured you'd be drooling on this thing... I hate to sell it, but I need some cash for other hobbies so some of my goodies that have been collecting dust need to go... only way to keep buying stuff without PO-ing the wife!!!! Arrgh!!!

J.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:45 AM
MotoGP

Why couldn't you have been selling this about 18 months ago, before I bought my Akrapovic system? Damn you
Old 01-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Actually SlowHAWK, that "dent" at the chain, isn't a dent as it's supposed to be there from the factory... So that's not really any damage...
Old 01-21-2011, 12:26 PM
MotoGP

you should buy this Markus, would undoubtedly work well with the engine you're building....
Old 01-21-2011, 12:45 PM
MotoGP

Um... It just soo happens that I might have accidentialy bought something else...

And since it would constitute threadjacking, I'll leave out telling what, until I can post pics of it mounted... (I'll give you a hint, I need to swap my oil to mount it)

Last edited by Tweety; 01-21-2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Tweety
Um... It just soo happens that I might have accidentialy bought something else...
So you found an M4 header????
Old 01-21-2011, 12:58 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk
So you found an M4 header????
Argh... And that's what I get for being sneaky...

Well, yeah, I did...

And about a week later I also found a STG 2 Moriwaki full system that the owner had no idea what it was worth... So now I have a choice of systems to put on... I'm serious, he swapped me even for my stock VTR pipes since he couldn't get it mounted on his stock bike because it won't clear the oilsump... So now I'm in the process of modifying an oilsump, since Mori no longer makes them...
Old 01-21-2011, 01:02 PM
MotoGP

BTW, since the M4 i found has a hole in it from grinding against the pavement in a crash, it might be copied before I'm done repairing it... It just so happens my VTR's are procreating...
Old 01-21-2011, 01:10 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Well, yeah, I did...

And about a week later I also found a STG 2 Moriwaki full system that the owner had no idea what it was worth... So now I have a choice of systems to put on... I'm serious, he swapped me even for my stock VTR pipes since he couldn't get it mounted on his stock bike because it won't clear the oilsump... So now I'm in the process of modifying an oilsump, since Mori no longer makes them...
Remember you need to change (or modify) the oil pick up also......
Old 01-21-2011, 01:55 PM
MotoGP

Remember you need to change (or modify) the oil pick up also......
Well, so far all I have done is look at the danged thing, so any and all suggestions you can give me will be helpful... But I think that should be in a separate thread, as it has nothing to do with the sale of this system...
Old 01-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Well, so far all I have done is look at the danged thing, so any and all suggestions you can give me will be helpful... But I think that should be in a separate thread, as it has nothing to do with the sale of this system...
No worries and you are correct but could it really be a SH forum thread if it didn't get jacked somewhere along the line......
Old 01-21-2011, 02:01 PM
MotoGP

No worries and you are correct but could it really be a SH forum thread if it didn't get jacked somewhere along the line......
Ehhh... Nope...
Old 01-21-2011, 05:33 PM
SuperSport

Jack it all you want provided you're saying good things about the items for sale!!!

J.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:25 AM
SuperSport

For something this rare, I'm pretty shocked it still available (Jan 31, 2011)!!!

BUMP!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:23 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by SlowHAWK
For something this rare, I'm pretty shocked it still available (Jan 31, 2011)!!!
That makes two of us! I guess people would rather pay twice that much for a measly set of slip-ons.......
Old 01-31-2011, 07:44 AM
MotoGP

$400 for a set of used slip-ons is somewhat expensive, for new it's cheap... For a full system it's definetly cheap... For a Yoshi full system, it's a friggin robbery... So yeah, add me to the list of people that are baffled...
Old 01-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Squid
Squid

YETI is on a distinguished road

Well, yeah, I did...

TWEETY i would kill for a chance to own that stage 2 system if you ever were mad enough to let it go !!
as you know i have a stage 2 bike and youve got more chance of finding rocking horse poo than one of these as far as im aware they only made 50 sets , i do have a spare set of headers but no cans !!
so please remember me in your will / or feel sorry for me one day and just send them to me
YETI..
Old 01-31-2011, 08:28 AM
MotoGP

If someone doesn't buy this soon, I may just have to pick it up to do back-to-back runs against my current Akra system.....
Old 01-31-2011, 04:56 PM
Squid

stumplove is on a distinguished road
possibly seriously interested. let you know later in week if still available :-)
Old 01-31-2011, 07:34 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
Damn, day late and a dollar short. GLWS
Old 01-31-2011, 07:44 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SlowHAWK

BUMP!!!
Sit tight, tax refund checks are just around the corner, you'll have a buyer soon enough... I'm sure of it. If it was the high mount system I probably would of snatched it up by now.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:28 PM
SuperSport

Weekly BUMP.... or taunting of mikstr... whatever you'd like to call it!!! LOL!!!

J.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SOLD FULL Yoshimura Exhaust System SOLD