General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

morning grin

Old 02-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
morning grin

I was put-putting my way to work...I usually ride pretty slow on the street just fast enough to get away from the cars. I came up on a light and there was a dude on some sort of older Yamaha. There was a particularly lead-footed car driver at the front of the pack I just lane-filtered through and I had to give it a little more gas (shifting at 4500ish) than usual to get ahead of the cars and not be obstructing anyone but I guess Mr.Yamaha thought I wanted to race or something because he took off and then passed me...then cut into my lane and did this little "wiggle" back and forth as if to say "victory is mine" or something...

my bike has no decals on it other than "Honda" with the wing...so maybe he thought I was riding a 250 or something but anyways needless to say at the next light when he revved it up and took off I did the same and once it was clear who's bike was ACTUALLY faster I quickly shut it down.

Little ashamed for the street misbehavior but admittedly I was chuckling to myself the rest of the way to work.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:21 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Haha! I also love the one where car's think you're racing because you pull away from a stoplight faster than them. Usually, I just accelerate the way a motorcycle does which also clears me out of traffic pretty well. But every once in awhile I'll get a camero or something rumble by at full steam thinking they got the upper hand. If he's got a girlfriend or a few buddies with him that he's clearly trying to impress, at the next light I make sure he understands the physics of a 100hp, 550lb two wheeled machine versus a 300hp, 3700lb, four wheeled grocery getter.

Then I turn down a side street cause if he's mad and decides to do something about it, that equation doesn't work very well in a collision situation.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:20 AM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
I usually ride pretty aggressive on the street, but we don't have big city streets here so there isn't a ton of traffic. I lane share any chance I get, and while most people don't care, it does get on some peoples nerves.

A few weeks ago I was riding home from work on a back road following a riced out civic that was going pretty fast, but slowing me down in corners. I passed him on a straight as he downshifted to try to keep me back and didn't think anything of it.

I ended up splitting when I got to a light a while later, and the same civic was in the front on my right. I got on it to get in front of him before the next light. If I am first at a stop light I still split the lanes because I don't want to get hit and pushed into the intersection. Well he comes in hot right next to me, reving his engine and surging. I wasn't trying to race him, but he thought I was. Well the light turned green so I start to go as normal. He jumps the clutch and has to back off not to hit me, then starts honking and following really close. At the next stop light he got next to me again, I look over and he gives me the "fast and furious" nod. He's revving and getting closer and closer to me, seriously within a foot of my right. Well the light turns green, he punches it and swerved towards me. I'm normally a cool headed guy, but there's certain buttons you don't push. I backed off for my own safety and he sped off down the road. Well a few blocks later I'm splitting lanes at a light and there he is. I stop next to him, open my visor and yell and he won't aknowledge me and his buddy flips me off.

So I put a nice boot sized dent in his door and punched out his mirror (gotta love armored gloves!)

After that he hung back from me and wouldn't get close
Old 02-15-2012, 12:28 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Verses a Saleen @ 02:00 am.

Even,we were, coming away from the light. I short shifted twice into third as he snorted and snarled through big pipes then I waited with my left fist on my hip until. . .

I saw his nose sink as he clutched for third.

Not moving my left fist from my hip, I rolled deep into the throttle without shifting out of my third and left him wondering if he paid too much for the performance he bought.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Superstock

Bandit400man is on a distinguished road
Aja, I had a crapped out civic try an race me while I was riding my bandit...heard him rev an signal me...then I motion to him to drop another gear, to third. Then we take off...I almost have to say its more fun when you don't really know the outcome...but of course I bested him lol, but it was fun! Then my mother, who was following me in the truck on our way to the obx almost had a heart attack Lmfao! I got an earful at the next refeuling stop....Haha in one an out the other, as they say!