General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

better than coffee in the morning

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:31 AM
v2n
Squid

v2n is on a distinguished road
better than coffee in the morning

Well, this was my second time to ride into work. I have a 45mile RT commute with several twisties when I stick to the backroads, which I try to do to avoid the standstill traffic. Anyway, towards the end of my jaunt I jump onto the main double lane highway and proceed for a few miles to a stoplight where traffic is backed up several hundred feet. I notice a Harley coming up behind me. As I come to a stop he shares my lane and pulls up beside me. To my surprise he says, "that thing looks like too much fun!". I flip my visor up and nod. I complemented his bike and asked if he rode everyday to work, he said he tries. Anyway, we chits chatted, mostly me just nodding (I had my ear plugs in and couldn't hear much) but he was a really nice guy. He trailed me for a while until we got lost in traffic.

As I arrived at work, I noticed that my 2Brother's exhaust set off a car alarm. Was that me? I love this bike!
Old 05-23-2006, 08:39 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's like anything every dog has it's day. :wink: I try not to pre-judge because I consider everyone on 2 to be a brotha. I had a nice long conversation at a light with a Harley rider with apehangers, dew rag and the whole Harley image. He asked about my saftey gear and how can I stand it in the heat. I told him it's all mesh and that he should look into it because pavement really does hurt ALOT. He shrugged it off and we rode together for a little bit and then went our seperate way. That being said the bigger the group the better the chance for A-holes. Least likley to wave back.....Harley's and BMW's, stuck up no common courtesy son of a bitc....oh sorry about that, like I said we's all brothas.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:41 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Where are you from?

I find the riders that don't wave back are the scooters...
Old 05-23-2006, 08:42 AM
SuperSport

Loco
Yeah man.. for some extra fun try going around a parking garage a few laps. I've found 3rd gear at around 20 MPH sets off the most alarms.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:49 AM
MotoGP

S. FLA home of scumbags and stuckups!! Do you really wave at scooters? they ain't bikes but they are crazier than we are....F'n things can't even get out of thier own way!!! I've always got this one guy out here on a scooter who rides the damn thing in the middle of the lane doing 20.....20 I know that thing will go faster than that and if it don't get the F off to the F'n side of the road arrrrrrrrrrr!!! Ok I'm much better now.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:53 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
I was asking the OP, but thanks for the input SH22.

Next time, just reach over and tag the Run/Stop switch. That'll teach those pesky scooters.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:02 AM
MotoGP

Nah I just go by really fast with my pick-up and blow them over. before I get yelled at again IT WAS A JOKE.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:14 AM
v2n
Squid

I'm from Bama. Work in Huntsville. I've definitely noticed that I get a lot less waves on the SH than I do on my KLR250. Maybe the KLR is a little more "approachable". Dunno what it is, but I did a lot of riding Saturday on the SH and noticed that most of the Harley guys that were in a group didn't wave. Some sportbikers go out of their way to wave which I think is cool. But even some of them don't. I usually wave anyway if the situation allows. Haven't had much experience with scooters yet.

Once at the gas station, a guy on a Goldwing pulled in and came up and talked to me for 15 minutes about my mesh gear. Said he was thinking of getting something like that. Most everybody out there is pretty cool.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:14 AM
Squid

Pdaddy
I ride mine to work everyday... I take back roads when Im not rushed to pick up my daughter or anything else. Riding daily to work sure makes getting up in the morning all that much more enjoyable. Especially with the type of weather we have had the last 2 weeks !!! I sure wish that tank was bigger... Im stoppin for gas every other day
Old 05-23-2006, 09:20 AM
v2n
Squid

I hope it doesn't get old riding it into work. I definitely wake up a little easier knowing I'm riding it in...unfortunately, I'll bet most of the neighbors are waking up to me pulling out. I try to be as quiet as I can though

Fill ups are definitely frequent. I bought a 6 gallon can this weekend just to store extra fuel in so I don't have to stop at so many filling stations.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:23 AM
MotoGP

Every chance I get I ride in the mornings and can really tell the difference. It just wakes you up a lot more and gets you ready to go for the rest of the day.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:28 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
I find that I go 20 miles out of the way to make a 2 mile trip.....I don't commute for work, so I have to make excusses to go ride....lol
Old 05-23-2006, 09:29 AM
Squid

Pdaddy
Ive rode into work everyday except 3 since I bought mine... of course, my primary motivation in buying it was to use it for work and back ! I have a 91 CRX that has had the life driven out of it (but still goes ) It has 289K and I just replaced the original clutch at 262K !! Its never had any engine work done on it outside of timing belts and other routine stuff.

(sorry I got a lil off topic...)