General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

MAY have found PART or THE PROBLEM??!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 03:45 AM
Back Marker

Shane702 is on a distinguished road
MAY have found PART or THE PROBLEM??!

hey guys.. u know i've been having alot of trouble with my bike and figuring out the surging problem i am havning.... well I'm not sure if I found the problem, but I am ordering more parts and gaskets.. and reading the manual to see what I am getting into... it says under clutch and disengage issues if the clutch does not disengage or moves foward there is a problem and lists the issues... now does that mean in first gear... i can let go of the clutch.. and it will ride without touching anything... is this a problem? should my bike be cutting out when its in first and i let it fully go and i'm not touching anything? also when im doing 70 mph.. it will somtimes be okay, but lately really it will pull back and forth really hard... anyone have any ideas while i'm redoing this? thanks,

Shane
Old 04-29-2013, 03:58 AM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
The idle thing is fine. It should pull in first gear on its own with the clutch out - (I re-read your post a couple times, I think that's what you are describing???) It shouldn't pull forward with the clutch pulled in though. If it does, bleed the clutch and clean the slave again. If it still does it, there's a gasket in the slave that probably needs replacing.

Sounds like a nasty carb hiccup to me if its pulling back and forth at 70mph.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:29 PM
Back Marker

Shane702 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by matt365
The idle thing is fine. It should pull in first gear on its own with the clutch out - (I re-read your post a couple times, I think that's what you are describing???) It shouldn't pull forward with the clutch pulled in though. If it does, bleed the clutch and clean the slave again. If it still does it, there's a gasket in the slave that probably needs replacing.

Sounds like a nasty carb hiccup to me if its pulling back and forth at 70mph.
thanks.. i thought i'd ask.. yeah im doing a complete overall on my bike.. i've been ordering all kinds of little stuff and wondering if its a few things.. like new exhaust gaskets, just ordered a new header(mine has 4 big dents in them, and dont know if my copper gaskets are even good, so going to get slipons and put them on... rebuilding a few things, new clutch springs, evo star.. going to take the carbs and clean them.. i did 3 shims in rear 2 shims in front, i dont know how to "adjust" them to my bike... im wondering if its my bike and the carb setup and it needs to be tuned better... im about to upload a video if u would take a look , thanks for the input and ruling that out

Shane
Old 04-29-2013, 07:15 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
Trying to diagnose a bikes problems over the internet is damned near impossible, but I'm quite sure everyone here will give it a shot.

I'd work on getting it back to stock trim, and getting it sorted as bone stock as possible before making any jetting changes. If the copper gaskets are toast, that could contribute to running issues, as could dirty carbs. You'll be trying to "Band-Aid" the problems with changes to needle height, or jetting.