General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Light adjustment

Old 06-19-2005, 12:26 AM
Superstock

mikecronis
Light adjustment

I noticed that the SHawk has the standard up/down toothed light adjuster on the right side of the bike inside and under the dash. Since it was a bit high, I lowered it quite a while ago. I noticed one on the left and figured it'd be a left/right adjustment.

Today I realized this was not the case! Adjusting this left one moves up and down a seemingly SECOND light reflector up/down!!! Somehow, the way Honda designed the bike, the reflectors are independently adjusted and create a mirror effect from a single bulb to make it look like TWO lights. Weird.

Why was this done and what is the benefit?
Old 06-20-2005, 08:56 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Light adjustment

matter of fatc i was just adjusting my light tonight to find out that right adjustment really doesn't do anything at all... wierd
Old 06-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Superstock

mikecronis

I think it actually does because that was the first one I adjusted in the first month I had the bike. You have to turn it like 30 times to make a difference.

It seems the 2 ***** are independent of each other and each reflector behind the single bulb is affected differently so you can have the illusion of two beams.

If you come up to a garage door or something about 5 feet away and turn the left one say, all the way clockwise and the right one all the way counterclockwise, you will notice 2 different beams.

I set mine such that one is slightly lower and one higher, giving me 2 seperate ovals on the ground at a distance, making one LARGE oval. First one goes from 3 feet in front of the bike to about 20 feet. Second one goes from about 10 feet to about 50 feet.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:19 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point

Wouldn't it be high beam low beam?
Old 06-21-2005, 06:05 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point

well, the honda service manual says it's a left / right adjustment.... but it obviously takes half a million turns.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:43 AM
Superstock

mikecronis

High beam low beam? Doesn't seem to be. One bulb on low beam and you turn the left one about 10 times around and you get two. One in front of the other. Applying the HighBeam button gives the same results. Two seperate beams, just brighter.