General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Labor guide anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 02:36 PM
Back Marker

SuperHawkins is on a distinguished road
Labor guide anyone?

Just wondering if anyone has a labor guide laying around to price out two CCT installs on a hawk. I just don't have the time and my local shop has a really good labor rate compared to the rest of the industry (I work at a nation-wide tire company and our labor is $85...the bike shop charges $60)...just wanted an idea of what I'm looking at since they told me they'd have no clue, they'd have to check it out. Bike seems to need clutch work also, but I can do the clutch myself....but if you're feeling froggy, the labor for a clutch rebuild would be nice to know also. Thanks guys.

Last edited by SuperHawkins; 11-17-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Squid

rahjer is on a distinguished road
I called my local Honda dealer (in SoCal) for the same CCT replacement. They charge $75/hour labor, and quoted me out of their book a 10 hour time. Yikes! Usually this place treats me right, but that was way out of my price range.

I just finished up doing it myself today, replacing the stock CCT's with the APE manual adjusters, and it took me about 6 hours (including taking the tank/airbox off, moving the radiators out of the way, and removing the valve covers). And that was me being slow and carefull (thanx for all the help I got here on the forums).

I think the Honda dealer should be able to do it in more like 4 hours tops. I would have paid to have it done at that price, but now I'm glad I did it myself... lots of satisfaction and more piece of mind with the manual adjusters on there.

Roger
Old 11-18-2007, 01:29 AM
Back Marker

SuperHawkins is on a distinguished road
Wow man 10 hrs is ridiculous...yeah I called my local shop and the kid on the phone said 'maybe 3-4 hours' but said they've never done CCT's on a VTR before so they weren't sure.. I was just wondering what the book rate was, since the book rate is really worst-case scenario. This shop only charges $60 an hour too...I cant complain at all about that rate...