General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Just rode to the NYC motoshow

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 06:42 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Just rode to the NYC motoshow

A brisk 29* on the new ambient temp thermo on my dash. Man I hate midtown. Its like a series of traffic traps to trick you into making an illegal turn so they can ticket you.

Anyway, show was OK. I was only there 1.5hrs. Got some schampa skullcaps and antifog stuff that sorta works. Might be snakeoil. Sat on some ducatis. Got my free calender.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:46 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
A brisk 29* on the new ambient temp thermo on my dash. Man I hate midtown. Its like a series of traffic traps to trick you into making an illegal turn so they can ticket you.

Anyway, show was OK. I was only there 1.5hrs. Got some schampa skullcaps and antifog stuff that sorta works. Might be snakeoil. Sat on some ducatis. Got my free calender.
Schampa makes good products, like it as well. I'm going to drive to the show with a bunch from Mass, hope it a good show this year
Old 01-20-2013, 08:25 AM
SuperBike

Went to the show yesterday. Was a little disappointing to be honest, it was a bit smaller and way more congested then last year, no Aprilia and no Moto Guzzi and way to much Victory crap. At list Harley have a little character, but victory???
I remember when I was working Saturday at this bike shop in NYC and Victory just came out and had this brand new bike show off ride in NYC that ended up in our bike shop cause they all burn the regulator/rectifier that I personally had to replace on them, obviously some had more damage, what really got me is how the hell they all went about the same time in literary less then 100 miles? Maybe some EMP kill them? Oh well...
Joe, you must have seen this one too, Harley D' had a video running on how to pick up your bike after it fell, that took average of 20 minutes repetitions and OMG this obviously caused a major traffic jam in one of the main aisles. They should have this as a mandatory course to any one buying a Harley at the dealership and not at the show, that was ridiculous.
Sorry for my rant
Old 01-20-2013, 12:10 PM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Went to show w/ son his friend. We got there just as they opened it. Ehh it was ok. Way to much pirate shyte.

I sat on the touring Multistrada Duc. That as nice, but $22k + the Duc Maintenance costs - no thanks.

Had a great time @ a party a guy & his lady throw every year after the show. They're on the ADV site. I don't remember much...
Old 01-20-2013, 01:18 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by nnjhawk02
I sat on the touring Multistrada Duc. That as nice, but $22k + the Duc Maintenance costs - no thanks.
If I had plenty of money and the choice to have only one bike, that would be the one bike I would get Ducati Multistrada - Four bikes in one!