General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Just one of those days to put tools away

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Just one of those days to put tools away

Working on a steering stem job for a local fellow, broke my boring bar tool holder. Replaced with spare boring bar, broke the drive belt for the lathe head.

Fine..... skip machine work for today.

Went to replace steering stem bearings on the VTR, removed stem, pulled off lower bearing cone, punched out races from frame, went to install new bearings..... and i found the wrong All ***** kit was sent.. Great that it fits my RM250, or DRZ485 SM, but that don't help my VTR with no steering stem bearings...stilling on the lift... front endless... mocking me....

Fine skip putting the VTR back together till Tuesday.

Started cleaning up some parts on my sons Yz450 so we can sell it and get him a street bike..... 3M Rotoloc abrasive disk comes off the air motor at warp 2.5, sails across the shop and hits the garage door window... Yup, cracked that sucker...

Turned off the Air compressor, shut down the welder, plasma and killed power to the rest of the shop, turned off the lights and am walking out before I destroy something really important today..

Today.. tools and I, not a good mix...

Time to drink.... whats the worst that can happen.....
Old 09-01-2012, 03:41 PM
Squid

gotta_gofast is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez
Working on a steering stem job for a local fellow, broke my boring bar tool holder. Replaced with spare boring bar, broke the drive belt for the lathe head.

Fine..... skip machine work for today.

Went to replace steering stem bearings on the VTR, removed stem, pulled off lower bearing cone, punched out races from frame, went to install new bearings..... and i found the wrong All ***** kit was sent.. Great that it fits my RM250, or DRZ485 SM, but that don't help my VTR with no steering stem bearings...stilling on the lift... front endless... mocking me....

Fine skip putting the VTR back together till Tuesday.

Started cleaning up some parts on my sons Yz450 so we can sell it and get him a street bike..... 3M Rotoloc abrasive disk comes off the air motor at warp 2.5, sails across the shop and hits the garage door window... Yup, cracked that sucker...

Turned off the Air compressor, shut down the welder, plasma and killed power to the rest of the shop, turned off the lights and am walking out before I destroy something really important today..

Today.. tools and I, not a good mix...

Time to drink.... whats the worst that can happen.....

Man, everything you touch today seems to break. Hope you don't have to take a pee
Old 09-01-2012, 03:49 PM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Boy am I glad you did my flywheel yesterday!
Old 09-01-2012, 03:55 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Sometimes the writtin' is on the wall. It was perceptive and a bit lucky to put it all together before you got hit in the head. lol
Old 09-01-2012, 04:18 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
I feel you I first encountered those days when I was still doing my art and graphic design. Some days just nothing would go right and other days everything I did was awesome. After happening over and over I learned to work all through the night on the good days and just drop it on the bad ones. After I restored a few bikes I learned the same thing would happen. So after stopping just short of drop kicking a gsxr I was working on I learned to just walk away on the bad days. Like trying to get a part to go together and it just won't cooperate. I learned to just walk away for awhile and come back later. Often it would work out fine when I came back later. Don't know why it's just the way it is sometimes...Try again tomorrow you'll be fine
Old 09-01-2012, 07:39 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gotta_gofast
Man, everything you touch today seems to break. Hope you don't have to take a pee
Yeap, I think if -I were you, I'd find me a wheelchair, a bed urinal... And have someone else push you around.... The drink-well -Gives you time to think of new projects...
It is Labor Day break.... take the rest...
Old 09-01-2012, 08:20 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
these are the times that try men's souls. **** it! start drinking and don't stop til you can sit back and laugh at it, and, rest assured, there will be others like it in the future.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Squid

tasum is on a distinguished road
our sh*t days are there to make the good days feel great

walking away from a bad day is always a good idea, but not one that I always remember to adhere to