General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

FINALLY finished the project!!! Check out the pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 04:56 AM
Squid

Twitch78 is on a distinguished road
FINALLY finished the project!!! Check out the pics

So I have fin ished the bike reno! Well I have the twin undertail mufflers coming then it will be complete but I thought I would share a couple of pics for now. It is definitely a VTR1000F, just the front is now an RC51, and the rear is now a 2008 R1!
Attached Thumbnails FINALLY finished the project!!! Check out the pics-photo-1.jpg   FINALLY finished the project!!! Check out the pics-photo-3.jpg  
Old 09-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Squid

aaugsbu is on a distinguished road
I think it looks great. It flows nicely.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:59 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
It's your bike, if you like it, that's all that matters.

It looks like a clean install..which to me is the part that catches my eye as the "look" of the tail is not where I would go, but I appreciate the work that a rider puts in to make the effort and do it well.

When I look at your bike, my eye is drawn to the VTR forks , standard swing arm, VTR shock, low aftermarket exhaust and THEN a more modern looking fairing and what is an iconic looking tail...but whose lines I don't personally like on a VTR,, but of the ways I've seen that tail done on a VTR I like yours the best.. I think you got the angle perfect.. it flows well with the rest of the body work.

Still, I can appreciate the work that went in to making this YOUR bike..
Old 09-04-2012, 08:21 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez
When I look at your bike, my eye is drawn to the VTR forks , standard swing arm, VTR shock, low aftermarket exhaust
+1,

But that is a very well put together bike. I really think the tank protector puts it all together for some reason. I like it a lot with the rest of the bike... it kind of hides the unique edges of the vtr tank and makes the whole thing look like it came from the factory like that. Nobody will be able to guess from what factory which is the best part.

Plenty of space under that tail now.... looks like you could fit a baby under there!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:46 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Looks pretty nice, clean and proper installation, the only thing bothering me as far as looks are the missing mufflers, they need to be in that tail for it too look right... Also, get rid of the RC graphics, it's not an RC, so they look wrong... But other than that it looks splendid...

That said, I'm going with the rest of the guys... If you are above 110 lbs, the first thing you do to a VTR is the forks, the second the rear shock, the third the brakes... Then you adress the looks... But to each their own...
Old 09-04-2012, 02:00 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I agree with Tweety, the RC51 markings should go. With an USD fork swap, you'll have one very nice VTR (the fork legs look a little skinny for that nose).

KUDOS! Well done!
Old 09-04-2012, 02:42 PM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
its the swingarm that looks just wrong.
an rc unit would be perfect,you have all that fairing up front then.....skinny chicken legs at the rear.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:35 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Looks awesome. You could contemplate a cbr fork & swingarm, or just the brace would look good. Even a hugger would fill that space out. Add some front pics. RC51 lights? What about the dash?
Old 09-04-2012, 06:56 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wolverine
I agree with Tweety, the RC51 markings should go.
Have to agree... There is no substitute..
Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Squid

Thanks guys,

With the rear, the exhaust is coming, its all under tail. The rear swing are, I can get an SP1-SP2 arm, will it bolt straight on? the forks I am looking into and the whole bike will have a matt black spray job with a gloss red detail that fits in nicely.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Twitch78
Thanks guys,

With the rear, the exhaust is coming, its all under tail. The rear swing are, I can get an SP1-SP2 arm, will it bolt straight on? the forks I am looking into and the whole bike will have a matt black spray job with a gloss red detail that fits in nicely.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions.
There are mutiple threads where I have laid the needed work out in detail enough that someone that should tackle this can easily follow it... I'm not going to re-post all of it for your convinience... If you want to, find the info, and I'll answer questions... If that's to much work, well...
Old 09-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Back Marker

jeephawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aaugsbu
I think it looks great. It flows nicely.
Eh. Have to disagree on that. To each his own of course but I dont get it?
Whats the look your trying to achieve? Sport bike? Touring? Is there a theme?
Having a r1 tail is modernish and sportish, then the tank pad is screaming oldman touring, then a rc-51 fairing (v-sport)but with a double bubble?
Honestly looks like it needs some help. IMO I would lose the double bubble. Definitely lose the tank pad, and lose the low mount cans too. Then modify the rc51 fairing to fit better. Maybe raise the front fairing if you can. I should be somewhat centered in the bar area. The gap looks wrong there.
Lose the krull three spokers too if you can.
Anyways just some critique there. I think I see where your coming from on the mods and I know you did alot of work to get it too this point but it just needs some adjustments to make it "right" to me. The above picture looks like where your trying to go with it maybe?

Last edited by jeephawk; 09-05-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:15 PM
MotoGP

Jeephawk, is that yours? That is sick. Really well balanced but does look like a ton of work for a neophyte. I want underseat exhaust but am reluctant to redo the subframe which I think I need to for clearance.

What fairing is that?
Attached Thumbnails FINALLY finished the project!!! Check out the pics-sss11.28.11-005.jpg  
Old 09-05-2012, 02:44 PM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Jeephawk, is that yours? That is sick. Really well balanced but does look like a ton of work for a neophyte. I want underseat exhaust but am reluctant to redo the subframe which I think I need to for clearance.

What fairing is that?
not his,that is off the mario nava? site. not sure i spelled correct.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:45 PM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Twitch78
So I have fin ished the bike reno! Well I have the twin undertail mufflers coming then it will be complete but I thought I would share a couple of pics for now. It is definitely a VTR1000F, just the front is now an RC51, and the rear is now a 2008 R1!
needs clipons under top tree.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:47 PM
MotoGP

Ah yes, mario nava. Thats why it looks familiar.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:39 PM
GTS
Seasoned tech
SuperSport

GTS is on a distinguished road
As others, I can appreciate the work done. However it just looks misproportioned and out of place. For the life of me I don't get why guys are swapping on the R6 and R1 tails. The styling is completely different and for heavens sake THEY ARE YAMAHA PARTS!!!! They have no place on a Honda!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Back Marker

jeephawk is on a distinguished road
I wish it was mine. lol
Just a pic I found awhile ago that I saved. I cant afford the mario kit so I opted for the sharkskinz lower. I ended up putting a 6 spoke 900rr rear on mine and having a hard time finding a front. I messed up bought a front that I thought would work but no luck on that. Bought another wheel off of ebay and it ended up being bent. Personally I cant stand the 3 spoke wheels and I hate having to run it in the front even though the rotors hide it pretty good.
Need to do some research and get a whole front end with wheel and just go that route....
Old 09-05-2012, 08:38 PM
MotoGP

Hate 3 spoke wheels? That is an odd thing to hate. They arent even that visible. I have done the cbr1krr swap but want to do the gsxr one next. They are way more cost effective.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by GTS
As others, I can appreciate the work done. However it just looks misproportioned and out of place. For the life of me I don't get why guys are swapping on the R6 and R1 tails. The styling is completely different and for heavens sake THEY ARE YAMAHA PARTS!!!! They have no place on a Honda!

Thanks for the thought, in response, I got the WHOLE rear end - mufflers included and about to be fitted under tail for a case of beer so for me it is a fun cheap experiment!