SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Just one of those days to put tools away (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/just-one-those-days-put-tools-away-29116/)

E.Marquez 09-01-2012 03:34 PM

Just one of those days to put tools away

Working on a steering stem job for a local fellow, broke my boring bar tool holder. Replaced with spare boring bar, broke the drive belt for the lathe head.

Fine..... skip machine work for today.

Went to replace steering stem bearings on the VTR, removed stem, pulled off lower bearing cone, punched out races from frame, went to install new bearings..... and i found the wrong All Balls kit was sent.. Great that it fits my RM250, or DRZ485 SM, but that don't help my VTR with no steering stem bearings...stilling on the lift... front endless... mocking me....

Fine skip putting the VTR back together till Tuesday.

Started cleaning up some parts on my sons Yz450 so we can sell it and get him a street bike..... 3M Rotoloc abrasive disk comes off the air motor at warp 2.5, sails across the shop and hits the garage door window... Yup, cracked that sucker...

Turned off the Air compressor, shut down the welder, plasma and killed power to the rest of the shop, turned off the lights and am walking out before I destroy something really important today..

Today.. tools and I, not a good mix...

Time to drink.... whats the worst that can happen.....

gotta_gofast 09-01-2012 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by E.Marquez (Post 341086)
Working on a steering stem job for a local fellow, broke my boring bar tool holder. Replaced with spare boring bar, broke the drive belt for the lathe head.

Fine..... skip machine work for today.

Went to replace steering stem bearings on the VTR, removed stem, pulled off lower bearing cone, punched out races from frame, went to install new bearings..... and i found the wrong All Balls kit was sent.. Great that it fits my RM250, or DRZ485 SM, but that don't help my VTR with no steering stem bearings...stilling on the lift... front endless... mocking me....

Fine skip putting the VTR back together till Tuesday.

Started cleaning up some parts on my sons Yz450 so we can sell it and get him a street bike..... 3M Rotoloc abrasive disk comes off the air motor at warp 2.5, sails across the shop and hits the garage door window... Yup, cracked that sucker...

Turned off the Air compressor, shut down the welder, plasma and killed power to the rest of the shop, turned off the lights and am walking out before I destroy something really important today..

Today.. tools and I, not a good mix...

Time to drink.... whats the worst that can happen.....

Man, everything you touch today seems to break. Hope you don't have to take a pee :lol:

HRCA#1 09-01-2012 03:49 PM

Boy am I glad you did my flywheel yesterday!

thetophatflash 09-01-2012 03:55 PM

Sometimes the writtin' is on the wall. It was perceptive and a bit lucky to put it all together before you got hit in the head. lol

captainchaos 09-01-2012 04:18 PM

I feel you I first encountered those days when I was still doing my art and graphic design. Some days just nothing would go right and other days everything I did was awesome. After happening over and over I learned to work all through the night on the good days and just drop it on the bad ones. After I restored a few bikes I learned the same thing would happen. So after stopping just short of drop kicking a gsxr I was working on I learned to just walk away on the bad days. Like trying to get a part to go together and it just won't cooperate. I learned to just walk away for awhile and come back later. Often it would work out fine when I came back later. Don't know why it's just the way it is sometimes...Try again tomorrow you'll be fine :)

1971allchaos 09-01-2012 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by gotta_gofast (Post 341087)
Man, everything you touch today seems to break. Hope you don't have to take a pee :lol:

Yeap, I think if -I were you, I'd find me a wheelchair, a bed urinal... And have someone else push you around.... The drink-well -Gives you time to think of new projects...
It is Labor Day break.... take the rest...:cool:

nath981 09-01-2012 08:20 PM

these are the times that try men's souls. fuck it! start drinking and don't stop til you can sit back and laugh at it, and, rest assured, there will be others like it in the future.

tasum 09-05-2012 07:14 AM

our sh*t days are there to make the good days feel great :)

walking away from a bad day is always a good idea, but not one that I always remember to adhere to :(