General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Jetting almost there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Fox
Squid

Fox is on a distinguished road
Jetting almost there?

Hey guys- I have posted a few times about my jetting woes and I think I am almost there BUT....

I installed new Yosh slip ons and I had popping coming off of throttle. We just installed larger slow jet and the popping is gone, bike runs really well BUT the idle is a little rough and every so often it will stall at a stop light. Also it wants to cough every so often (not often). Also worth mentioning that the Pair system has been removed. Any idea where I should go from here?

Btw...a Honda dealer did the work so one would hope that the carbs were synched???
Old 03-13-2011, 06:35 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fox
Hey guys- I have posted a few times about my jetting woes and I think I am almost there BUT....

I installed new Yosh slip ons and I had popping coming off of throttle. We just installed larger slow jet and the popping is gone, bike runs really well BUT the idle is a little rough and every so often it will stall at a stop light. Also it wants to cough every so often (not often). Also worth mentioning that the Pair system has been removed. Any idea where I should go from here?

Btw...a Honda dealer did the work so one would hope that the carbs were synched???
well it seems that you might have stayed with the previous thread instead of starting another so that viewers could know the history of your mods.

Anyway, I wouldn't assume anything. It should be on the invoice. things i did to stop the pop when I gutted my exhausts were:

TPS should be set to 500ohms+-
shim needles to .040
fuel screw 2.25 turns out
sync carbs

guess what?

otherwise, set idle up to 1200

i