General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Intro to Forum

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Squid

ElusivBlak is on a distinguished road
Intro to Forum

Hi all
this is my first post on the forums. I bought my SuperHawk in April for a steal. Never really heard of them before but not that I have been riding it for a few months I love it. I like the sound of the twin with the look of the sport bike. It is a huge step up from my 99 Bandit 600. I've already had a couple issues but nothing major. The R/R went out last week so using some advice from here I replaced with a R6 R/R and it worked great. Then just as I was about to take it on the test ride I put it in gear and it died. So I bypassed the kickstand switch again using info from the forum. Just wanted to thank you for helping me keep my bike on the road without spending too much $$. I own a DSM so I know how helpful other owners can be on forums. Thanks again for the info.
Also, my bike was layed down at least once on each side before I got it so I was wondering of good plastic repair techniques or maybe ideas for cheap replacement. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:35 PM
Superstock

pwshadow is on a distinguished road
The other thing that will be an issue is your cam chain tensioner. other than that these bikes are supposed to be extremely reliable. I haven't done my CCT yet(I'm not super mechanically inclined yet) but everyone on here is telling me it is a must. Welcome to the forum. It is a great site especially if you have a boring desk job like me.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Squid

ElusivBlak is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pwshadow
It is a great site especially if you have a boring desk job like me.
I definitely do...
Old 07-23-2010, 01:54 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Welcome!