General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

installed Jardines

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 07:35 AM
Back Marker

pchrist is on a distinguished road
installed Jardines

Wondering how these look? Looking to get some feedback. Do they look equal? to high not high enough. Wondering how everyone has them turned for how they fire? mine seem to point in a bit kind of at each other but down. they seem really loud to compared to my Yoshi's I had on. Biggest improvement I noticed is it make the bike seem so much more skinny. The cans almost tuck up in the bike.

Before

Name:  1364604614683_IMG_0847_zpsd8813050.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  129.2 KB

After

Name:  IMG_1073_zps546b7122.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  78.9 KB
Old 02-20-2014, 08:15 AM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
I really love you honda wing paint scheme btw. The cans look great. Where did u get them? Those are similar to my hindle pipes. Mine tuck under the bike and the ends point at eachother slightly. I like the look of high and semi high mounts a lot more than the low mount pipes. I bet they've got a nice grunt to them
Old 02-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Back Marker

thanks for the compliment on the paint job! I actually painted it myself with plastidip! It's like sprayable vinyl graphics. I did the frame with it as well. They do have a nice deep growl to them once I seen the high mounts I really wanted a pair. I bought them used on here from another user can't remember his name right now but great guy!!! easy to do business with like 99% of the people on here.

here is a pic of the bike shortly after I brought it home compared to where it is today above!!!! I always like the ducatis and how their pipes where high that's my buddies in the behind mine there.

Name:  1333058267157_imagejpeg_2.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  93.3 KB
Old 02-20-2014, 09:40 AM
SuperSport

sailorjerry is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pchrist
Wondering how these look? Looking to get some feedback. Do they look equal? to high not high enough. Wondering how everyone has them turned for how they fire? mine seem to point in a bit kind of at each other but down. they seem really loud to compared to my Yoshi's I had on. Biggest improvement I noticed is it make the bike seem so much more skinny. The cans almost tuck up in the bike.

The pipes look good, the way yours are sitting are exactly the way mine sit. It does make the bike skinnier for sure, only issue I have is that with me having big feet my heel tends to hit the mid pipe and now I have spots of melted rubber on the mid pipe.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:10 AM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
That's a cute little baby Ducati sitting there behind your Superhawk.

Got any close-ups of the plastidip areas you can post? Interested in what the finish looks like.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:51 AM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
Did u paint the frame with the frame off the bike or still on? And if love to know more about the wing graphics u sprayed on
Old 02-20-2014, 11:02 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jscobey
Did u paint the frame with the frame off the bike or still on?
Me too please! Bikes looks awesome with frame and wing. Nice job!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:42 AM
Back Marker

Painting the frame I did with it masked off I had the tank off and all the plastic. Put in newpaper behind and taped what I didn't want to be dipped.

The wing graphics I just taped each side while still on the bike and took the plastic off and masked the areas I didn't want dipped. painted and removed It's a little rough lines aren't perfect straight but there is some big gaps where the radiator and the frame go. I painted the tank while on the bike. There are 2 lines on the side that I used as guides and just winged it! (no pun intended)

Here is a link to my photo bucket bike pics you can see a bunch of stuff there where from dipping to my horrible photo shop ideas. Going to add some on the front yet! I have done my wheels on my cx9 and my fiancés Q7 and the emblems on my 9 and most of the trim on it, also a few interior trim pieces black to get rid of the wood look. For xmas she gave me the new spayer thinking about doing the bike a balloon pearl white with black wing. and doing my 9 white with black roof.

SuperHawk Photos by pchrist | Photobucket

Here is a link to a forum that has all kinds of info too!!!!!

https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php

Here is a pic
Old 02-20-2014, 12:12 PM
Back Marker

Appletonhawk is on a distinguished road
I just went from Danmoto Exhaust to Jardines as well. Loved the sound of the Danmoto, but so far also love the Jardines and yes they do make the bike look much sexier. I wanted high mounts even before I bought my bike so when I can across a set of Jardines used I jumped on it. Also seen I never ever have a passenger and my rear seat cowl never comes off gave me the chance to also eliminate the passenger pegs and mounts. Bonus!
Old 02-20-2014, 12:33 PM
Back Marker

Mine came with the spacers. my fiancé rides with me sometimes so I have to keep them!!!
Old 02-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Back Marker

QUOTE]
Mine came with the spacers. my fiancé rides with me sometimes so I have to keep them!!!
I have the spacers and rear pegs just in case, but prob. never need them. Sorry about the blury pic.

Last edited by Appletonhawk; 02-20-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:53 AM
Back Marker

Super Hawk Pro is on a distinguished road
Love the Jardines! Turns heads every were I go. Although mine are not the carbon fiber look. Good looking chicken.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:34 AM
Back Marker

ok I really like your rearsets! Love how they are blacked out. any benefits from them to they change anything. foot placement anything like that. Mine has a lot of the chrome down there. could be a good upgrade. I could dip them but with all the foot movement rubbing on it it would rub off.

Might do my swing arm in the future too. might be a spring project when I can get more room in the garage!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Back Marker

ok I really like your rearsets! Love how they are blacked out. any benefits from them to they change anything. foot placement anything like that. Mine has a lot of the chrome down there. could be a good upgrade. I could dip them but with all the foot movement rubbing on it it would rub off.

Might do my swing arm in the future too. might be a spring project when I can get more room in the garage!
The rearsets are Danmoto and havn't had a cahnce to actually ride the bike yet with our ice covered street, but they sure look sweet as hell! HAHA. I do see a problem with my size 12 boot rubbing on the mid pipe. I have the rear sets adjusted to the most comfortable riding position and realize I am going to have to adjust my foot placment on the controls to avoid melting my boot on the pipe now so hopefully the upgrade is worth it. Bike was really comfortable even for me at 6'3" with the stock rearsets so hoping I don't regret the upgrade.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:34 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
FWIW I recall being pointed in slightly was good as the exhaust gases conform to the aero shape better at speeds. If they're pointed out or up they create a larger profile and disrupt the airflow.

I wonder if you could make pneumatic exhaust that quickly points outwards like little wings at the push of a button for an airbrake.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 7moore7
I wonder if you could make pneumatic exhaust that quickly points outwards like little wings at the push of a button for an airbrake.
Or...here me out, you could use something like this!

I sure hope this doesn't get out 7. Motorcycle racing will never be the same.