General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

How do you change rearsets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 12:30 AM
Squid

mykrowsy
How do you change rearsets?

I recently crashed my bike, and one of the damages incurred was a broken right rearset. I'm considering replacing both rearsets with some aftermarket rearsets, or maybe I'll just have the broken one welded up.

I heard that replacing the rearset requires me to remove the swingarm to do so. If I need to do this, which I don't want to do, I think I just might have the stock broken rearset welded up by a shop right on the bike.

Has anyone done this? If so, what is involved, and what is a good inexpensive option for the aftermarket?

thanks,
mike
Old 07-16-2005, 02:11 AM
Squid

Monomaster
Re: How do you change rearsets?

If your careful & support the bike under the sump & tie off the side so the bike doesn't fall, you should be able to simply ease out the swing arm pivot bolt, change the righthand footpeg & re-install the bolt again. you shouldnt have to touch anything else...
Old 07-16-2005, 05:11 AM
Superstock

cdyer77
Getting the axle bolt out can be a pain inthe ***! I dont know how well a piece of cast alum will hold up to be welded? I would just take the plunge and get some aftermarket rearsets. Its a little work to get them on, but think of the knowledge youll gain in doing it.