General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Help identify this bike "R700"

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 06:00 PM
Squid

Dumb Rookie Says: is on a distinguished road
Help identify this bike "R700"

Hello-

I guess I have 2 profiles because when I came to log in it brought up this profile and not "invalid username" which is the profile with all of my hawk pics and well more pictures of my hawk.

I bought this motorcycle sight unseen except for these pictures from a police auction last week and all anyone there can tell me is that its an "R700" which they obviously read off of the mudflap in the picture. I have done many image searches and everything else to try to match up close enough to know what model it is. I am leaning toward VFR just because of one picture that looked similar. Whats throwing me off is the couture of the side of the tank. It looks umm sharper or more defined ridges then my hawk or any pictures of any honda's I have found. It also looks like they might be added to the sides and not part of the actual tank.

Other then 2 or 4 years of dirt..(yeah the auction didnt know what year it is either) the write up Iwas forwarded says I get the 2 way radios and anything else attached or close by that goes to it. and 1 sentence from the dept of motorpool that say "was running until battery died" I hope that fron end isnt to bad but I cant get a good enough look to tell. I see a valve cover off.

What do see that will get me prepared to go pick it up Wed. i see 1 small part of the forks but dont know if front wheel will bolt on or why it was off to begin with.

It was a $200 gamble

Thanks in advance

Invalid Username
DBA
Dumb Rookie Says:
Attached Thumbnails Help identify this bike "R700"-20160428_114826.jpg   Help identify this bike "R700"-20160428_114814.jpg   Help identify this bike "R700"-20160428_114844.jpg   Help identify this bike "R700"-20160428_114932.jpg   Help identify this bike "R700"-20160428_114952.jpg  

Help identify this bike "R700"-20160428_114859.jpg  

Last edited by Dumb Rookie Says:; 06-19-2016 at 10:46 PM. Reason: new large pics
Old 06-19-2016, 06:54 PM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
I wish I could help ya, but the pictures you uploaded are thumbnails and extremely small. Maybe someone with this bike might recognize the small images?
Old 06-19-2016, 10:51 PM
Squid

new larger images uploaded. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-19-2016, 11:07 PM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
ST1300 Pan European or what's left of one...

Old 06-20-2016, 12:45 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Wanted to say ST1300, but Wicky had it already, as I scrolled down ;-)

The metal bars for the rear rack is not looking original to me

Have to add.. This engine is one of the most reliable engines Honda ever produced, like a car engine basically.

Last edited by NHSH; 06-20-2016 at 12:49 AM.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:18 AM
SuperBike

kenmoore is on a distinguished road
And shaft drive!
Old 06-20-2016, 03:46 AM
Squid

the bars on the back were for mounting the radar gun and the lower bars just extra protection (both are just wild guesses.) i was told that they used to start it every couple of months to keep everything circulating until one time the battery was dead and hasnt been started for awhile. another wild guess is that the cop rear ended something or some other damage to windsceen and result in need for front wheel to be off. the valve cover being off worries me a little (little more each time i study the pics to try to see if i wasted $200 or not. Hopefully the police radio still works so I can keep an ear on where any speed traps are at.

any clue why the rear mudflap in the picture showing the bars says "R700"

Oh and I compared the pics to those of the st 1300 and there is no mistaking that frontend.

I will go up and get it in a couple days and then post some updates under my usual screen name "invalid user" hopefully she still has a mile or two left in her.

If anyone else see's any clues to what I may have ahead please let me know.

Thanks Riders

"Invalid Username"
DBA
"Dumb Rookie Says:"
Old 06-20-2016, 04:45 AM
Squid

found her brothers and sisters

thanks to those who helped idntify the bike as a st1300 i did some google image and found there is a st1300P (for police) so since I do nothing else at 4am I kept googling until I found some other 2005 ST1300P bikes that were auctioned by the same Police department in Rialto CA year and a half ago. This listing has the best set of pics and I think its a closed case. Now I just have to try to find all the parts they took off, (hopefully in that big box with the "Honda" logo sitting next to the bike) Then drag her home / wash rinse repeat and see what I got to do to get her back on the road.

Cheers to those with the keen eye for models.

Here is a link to the ebay listing for the other bikes:
2005 Honda Other | eBay

Matt
Old 06-20-2016, 01:38 PM
VTR virgin
Superstock

Cadbury64 is on a distinguished road
The ST has a very loyal following as Honda produced those for so many years (I think maybe they still do) and in the US they seem to be very popular among long distance riders. http://www.st-riders.net/or ST-Owners.com are two useful forum sites, plenty of helpful souls there. Best of luck with your purchase.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:38 PM
Squid

invalid username is on a distinguished road
Thanks Dumb Rookie I will take it from here.

Cadbury64

I do believe that was the nicest way that anyone has ever shown me to the door that I can remember.. The Dumb Rookie made a profile on my work computer and forgot all about it. I certainly dont need two profiles especially with only one Hawk so I will send the rookie profile over to the other forum and keep everything here just under one name.

Once again BIG thanks to y'all for helping me get the model pinned down. I was so stuck on R700 since thats what the auction had it labeled as and what the mudflap said that I wouldnt have figured it out until I picked it up. Joke aside Cadbury64 thanks for the links I just sat down to try to find some forums and get some leads on front end / see what other models are interchangeable etc. So thanks for saving me a little time.

Cheers-
Invalid Username
Load SQL Injection X

Here is the best looking Hawk ever swirl dip painted in a hurby kirby. (only tank-like that I had big enough to fit all parts in one go)
Attached Images     
Old 06-21-2016, 05:03 AM
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
SuperBike

CruxGNZ is on a distinguished road
Maybe the R700 was a type of fleet number? Like the next bike would be R701 or possibly R800?