General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Hello and thanks.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 07:44 AM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
Hello and thanks.

Tried vtr1000.org because I saw some neat things there but they didnt bother to activate the account. Oh well this place seems more live. This is my first bike (not my first few miles.) Its heavy compared to newer 750s I learbed on. She had a bad additude when I picked her up due to air n. the clutch and grime packed on the rod. Thanks btw been lurking. she liked stalling and picking the wheel up at random. I also dropped her my first spin. Hills here are full blown insane. This occured at walking speed. The bike is stupid fast compared to said 750s. I just clocked over 180kph or 111+ depending on where you
are from and 2500 kms. Did a slider service cleaned the chain clutch and lever plus a header scrub. Bike has 23580km on the clock as of now. Runs great except for the shift. been odd since an old man tried to mush me and i panick breaked in first I may have tried to downshift while breaking and blipped earlg/ late. winter brings the mods and split cases. Ill be doing rods slugs crank flywheel ports jets and pipes. Then possibly a front end and light rims. Bike has amazing power but shes 16 so ill be putting some good ol carbonfiber a bunch of places when cash comes. Not for decoration either im addicted to going fast. last but not least wear all gear all the time. I never wore so much as glasses. A truck did his best to mash me and walked away with a sprained pinkey. Gloves and jacket saved me and my bike.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:57 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Welcome J. Would love to follow along during the rebuild. Keep us posted. And where ya from?

I'm ATGATT too. Went down hard somewhere around '92 and been geared up ever since.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:17 AM
Superstock

Saw a hot girl.

Every day she rode a yellow Yamaha in flip flops, Short shorts and whaddya know a helmet. She would go past my house doing 80MPH. I would go look. One day this hump that bikes hit sometimes and go down on got her. She flopped into the fresh cut grass. Everything except the face on her was red. Her new name is RoadRash Jane.

I live in Japan. I am here to stay. I hate the super low speed limits even though mostly its a decent speed for the road because of how narrow its is. I love the mountains and sea though.

On the rebuild side Im gonna start a thread on that. I want to possibly do a carbon tail as I have a past as a fabricator. Not quite ready to give up the second seat so I might go for broke literally on titanium. Been fabricating since I was fourteen. My DD back home is an older Audi A8 the whole passenger side is replaced aluminum. Po smashed it. So If I can do that and make drag bodies I am sure With some help I can do frame or whole tail unit. Bike could use a small diet 450lbs wet would be amazing. Im living on faith that the shop manager checked my tensioners well. Bike sat for 3 years.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:54 AM
Superstock

was going to post this in what I did to my hawk today.

Got my twist throttle sorted. It was caked up with gunge and had not been lobed since new. Bar oil all the way. Also dropped a screw in no mans land and forgot to lube the cables better while the box was off... Got a crank breather tube back on that was off. I also cut heavy duty coffee filter to fit where the breather filters were. Bike idles at 950 picks up good and drops normal. no hang ups.